mitsubishi-lancer-evolution-through-the-years_1.jpg

Body Style: 4-door sedan
Engine: 2.0L 4G63T I4
Power: 244 hp
Torque: 228 lb-ft
Weight: 1170 kg (RS); 1240 kg (GSR)
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, four-wheel drive
Additional Information: The first-generation Lancer Evolution was introduced in October 1992 and it used the 2.0 L 4G63T Inline-4 engine and AWD drivetrain from the original Galant VR-4 in a Lancer chassis. The car was sold in two trim levels: GSR and RS. The RS was a stripped-down version that lacked power windows and seats, anti-lock brakes, a rear wiper, and had steel wheels to weigh 70 kg less than the GSR. The RS version was released with a mechanical plate type rear Limited-slip differential. On the other hand, the GSR came with all of the conveniences of a typical street car, including a digital screen climate control system. The first generation Lancer Evolution came with Mitsubishi's 4G63T engine producing 244 hp at 6000 rpm and 228 lb-ft at 3000 rpm. The GSR version of the Evolution I was the only Evolution Lancer released with a Viscous Limited Slip Rear Differential, as all other Lancer Evolution models featured rear mechanical plate type LSDs. 5,000 first generation Evolutions were sold between 1992 and 1993. The first generation Lancer Evolution was replaced by the Lancer Evolution II in December 1993.​

IMG_9042.jpg

3.jpg

mitsubishi_lancer_evolution_2449954_orig.jpg

DSCF4048.jpg

rw2fk8.jpg

Now we're talking. Cool.

Had this model been available in the USA back then, Mitsubishi would have had a killer lineup.
A car I still have not seen here in Australia.

What I wouldn't give for a first-gen Evo (I through III.) 3rd most desired car for me personally, and 1 of 2 that's actually affordable for me in a few years.

Now we're talking. Cool.

Had this model been available in the USA back then, Mitsubishi would have had a killer lineup.
A car I still have not seen here in Australia.

Funny it's that way over the ditch. Over here, along with the GC8 and Galant VR-4, they're so common you'll almost get sick of seeing them!

It's a great car, homologation specials always interest me. However, this thing has about the same profile as a '92 Corolla to anyone not totally into cars.

I want to say cool, but having to explain what makes my "Corolla" so badass is never going to be...

Meh.

I'd actually get more excited about seeing one of these on the street than something like an Aventador. I'd also probably get some strange looks from the people I was with, but that's just how "cool" works I'm afraid.

Cool.

SVX
Funny it's that way over the ditch. Over here, along with the GC8 and Galant VR-4, they're so common you'll almost get sick of seeing them!
I guess that's like Stageas and Galant & Legnum VR-4s(my mate has one). Evos are common, but I hvent seen a 1st Gen yet.

For those who know what it is, an unmolested one would be cool. Everyone else sees an old minicab with a wing. Meh.

It's genesis, the original evo that began it's foray into the WRC.

Plus it's also one the best looking generation of Evo's made along with 2 and 3, and is probably my favourite Evo of them all, although it's split between that and the Evo 4 and 5. Wouldn't mind owning one in later life...

Very Cool.

Got a meh from me. It took till the Evo 3 where the looks started to get my interest, and then I really started to take note by the time the Evo 5 came around.

The car that spawned a million fake-arse fiberglass kits.

Every time I see one of these things, I have to resist the urge to stoop down to check if it has rear drum brakes or lacks a rear differential. Just too stressful.

Basically, I've trained myself not to care.

Meh.

As mentioned already, this is the OG Evo which started the whole fiasco (or should I say rivalry) with the Subaru Impreza WRX STi. The vehicle is very significant in terms of car history, and has evolved into a legend which will far out date the vehicle's lifespan. Cool.

I'm not as big into early Evo as I am early Imprezas, but this is cool. Without it, we wouldn't have gotten the rally cars and the subsequent Evos.

Back