Tourer1.jpg

Body Style: 5-door estate
Engine: 1.4/1.6/1.8/2.0L petrol, 1.8/1.9L diesel
Power: 88-136 hp
Torque: 89-133 ft-lbs (121-181 Nm)
Weight: 1170-1210 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual, 4-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front-wheel drive
Additional Information: Model names were done after the displacement of the engine of the particular car. 414, 416 etc... The 2.0 version was called the "420".​

12598927143_6f4f3c4d4e_b.jpg

5992762771_1c50492621_b.jpg
tourer-e1328812243234.jpg

7421590756_d38216c657_h.jpg

rover-400-tourer-05.jpg

rover__gsi_420_tourer_1995_2_lgw.jpg

It's just like an old Volvo wagon. Very bland, but it has some sort of inexplicable charisma that makes me want it.

Meh. Almost voted cool, in a weird poorly made, Rovery way :lol:. Plus I like estates anyway.

Reminds me of the 200 coupe, which I must admit I'm a little guilty for having a (bit) of a soft spot for.

Since this car is so unworthy of being even discussed, I'll explain something about the way I grade cars. To me, 'Meh' shouldn't be in the middle of the coolness scale. Instead, I think that 'Meh" is the worst kind of uncoolness possible, it means something is completely bland and unremarkable. Something 'Uncool' catches your attention at least a bit, it causes a response but something 'Meh' doesn't even do that, it's as we say in my country "a zero to the left", just another car in the background. Having a car is much, MUCH, worse than having the car, no matter how ugly or uncool it is.

Something being 'Meh' means it's beyond 'Seriously Uncool'. Plus, stoner jokes. It can get more uncool than this.

There is nothing cool about this. Or any rover after the SD1 for that matter but that's beside the point.

It isn't overly ugly or offensive so it is just an Uncool vote from me.

Something being 'Meh' means it's beyond 'Seriously Uncool'. Plus, stoner jokes. It can get more uncool than this.
So by that logic, you're saying a seriously uncool car (Youabian Puma, for example) is cooler than a meh car (Vauxhall Vectra, for example)? In that case, it would be better to take the route of boringness.

So by that logic, you're saying a seriously uncool car (Youabian Puma, for example) is cooler than a meh car (Vauxhall Vectra, for example)? In that case, it would be better to take the route of boringness.

This is Car Logic, not logic-logic. Of course that thing's cooler than a Vectra.

Back to the Rover 400... ewwwww. No no no no no. Seriously uncool.

There is nothing cool about this. Or any rover after the SD1 for that matter but that's beside the point.
Right on. Rovers lost direction in the '90s and 2000s, and most were less exciting than the Vauxhalls of that time period.

Or any rover after the SD1 for that matter but that's beside the point.

The 75 is alright.

---

This 400 estate is 100% want and 800% Seriously Uncool

Not even their extreme rarity gives them a token cool vote.

Hondrovers like these aren't entirely rubbish or devoid of desirability. They're just incredibly old hat. The only real saving grace is that it isn't the Montego Countrybox.

Uncool.

Have we run out of vehicles so we're voting on bargain basement spec'd mom mobiles? :odd:

SU

1993-1998 Rover 400 Tourer nominated by @Jet Badger

View attachment 630405

Body Style: 5-door estate
Engine: 1.4/1.6/1.8/2.0L petrol, 1.8/1.9L diesel
Power: 88-136 hp
Torque: 89-133 ft-lbs (121-181 Nm)
Weight: 1170-1210 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual, 4-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front-wheel drive
Additional Information: Model names were done after the displacement of the engine of the particular car. 414, 416 etc... The 2.0 version was called the "420".​

An inoffensive, yet boring design.

Looks like something I would've had for my first car for about $2-3k.

Looks kind of Peugeot 406-ish.

And like almost all mid 90s estates of this size, it does come with a sort of 'this is all I can afford to drive' or 'Eastern European tax free handyman' image, which should be enough to send it straight to the uncool section even without all of the image problems almost any post Leyland Rover would have in the UK.

These late-ish Rovers have some charm and offer a lot of bang for your buck on the used market, they are a steal and you get a decent level of luxury (if things still work(. Still not cool though, definite Meh material.

I sometimes wonder why we even bother with cars like this?

Sub Uncool! I remember them growing up, hated them back then, still hate them now. Thankful to not see that many anymore.

Back