1995-2005 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer nominated by @GranTurNismo

Body Style:
3-door SUV, 5-door SUV
Engine: 4.3L V6
Power: 190-200hp
Torque: 250-260 lb-ft
Weight: 1600-1840kg
Transmission: 4-speed automatic, 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: front-engine, rear-wheel-drive, front-engine, all-wheel drive.
Curator's Comment: Rebadged versions such as the GMC Jimmy/Oldsmobile Bravada are excluded from this nomination. Also, this nomination is only for the American variant of the S-10 Blazer- foreign models are absent as well.

I can see this being the typical truck of the '90s and it's kinda charming in a way but i can't see this being cool.
Meh

Was it good? Not even a little bit, but as the first vehicle that I had for any length of time, I can't help but think it's cool.

Also, look how delightfully tacky mine was in that mid-2000's sort of way.
N02Owds.jpg

Meh. Quintessential American family transport of the 2000s. It wasn't particularly great at anything, but it wasn't bad either. The S-10 Blazer always had this blue-collar/redneck vibe that is lacked by the Explorer and the Japanese SUV offerings of the time. The unusually wide variety of colors, trims, and special editions available on the S-10 Blazer and its rebadged counterparts have always fascinated me and drawn me to this car. Not to mention, these cars are quite reliable and hold up for quite a long time. Despite many of these being over 20 years old by now, I still see them on the road relatively frequently, more so than the Explorer or Durango of the era.

Also, nothing quite scrams 2000s GM like the Blazer Xtreme, with its chintzy body cladding galore, and being all show and no go. They could've at least given it a V8 or some other kind of engine than the 190hp 4.3L V6. I don't quite know, however, if @Joey D would agree with this sentiment.

I've been in one of these. Smelt like cigarettes. Cigarettes look cool but they don't smell cool.
Are you still living in 1960? I don’t think anyone considers cigs cool nowadays, and I’m willing to bet most would associate them with trashy people.

Are you still living in 1960? I don’t think anyone considers cigs cool nowadays, and I’m willing to bet most would associate them with trashy people.
Oi I smoke cigs I'll have you know I look right proper cool when I do

Sidenote: deeply unremarkable vehicle I have an existential crisis trying to equate the concept of cool or uncool with something so egregiously regular.

Also, nothing quite scrams 2000s GM like the Blazer Xtreme, with its chintzy body cladding galore, and being all show and no go. They could've at least given it a V8 or some other kind of engine than the 190hp 4.3L V6. I don't quite know, however, if @Joey D would agree with this sentiment.

Ya, it was painfully slow. I know GM had the know-how to turbo the 4.3L and could've done it even if it would've made the truck stupidly overpriced. At the very least, they could've gone to the parts bin and got some of the stuff from the 4.3L used in the Astro to move the power up to 200. Add in the AWD system off a Bravada and it could've been a decent little truck for early 2000's GM.

Thankfully, while the ground effects packages looked cheap, it was actually incredibly strong. After I lowered my truck six-inches and banged the bumper off of literally everything in southeast Michigan, it still stayed in one piece. Also, the wheel arches constantly popped out since I was tucking my tires due to being slightly too low. Every time I just banged them back into place and went on my way.

Oh and a fun fact about the Blazer Xtreme. It wasn't rated to tow despite having a really beefy trailer hitch on it, however, the hitch was an integral part of the vehicle. Its sole purpose was to hold the rear bumper in place on the truck. Still didn't stop me from towing with it though, even after I lowered it.

I do recall a bloke on GTPlanet long ago named "BlazinXtreme" long ago, who would appreciate this sort of question. Anyhow, I think this is a very cool SUV. "Cool" is my call on this one. Surely its body style is my reasoning for the vote. I am pretty sure it was a great off-road toy for truckers to hit the unbeaten path as hard as they want. So I say "Cool."

Blazers of this vintage are still all over the place in the more northern parts of America, especially places where logging is a main industry. The body is usually eaten clean through from years of salt exposure but since the engine and suspension are surprisingly durable and parts are so cheap and plentiful, you can keep one running pretty much forever unless you roll it off a logging trail into a ditch. Well, even then too, judging from a few that I've seen...

Low "cool", just for the survivability factor.

Back