GTP Cool Wall: 1996-2006 Jaguar XK (X100)

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 29 comments

1996-2006 Jaguar XK (X100)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wiegert

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
1996-2006 Jaguar XK (X100) nominated by @Neddo

1996-jaguar-xk8.jpg

Body styles
: 2-door coupe and convertible
Engines: 4.0L AJ26/27 V8, 4.0L AJ26S SC V8, 4.2L AJ34 V8, 4.2L AJ34S SC V8
Power: 294, 375, 300, 400 hp respectively
Torque: 290, 387, 310, 408 lb-ft respectively
Weight: 1615, 1640, 1685, 1735 kg respectively for coupes; 1705, 1740, 1775, 1815 kg for convertibles
Transmission: 5 speed automatic (4.0), 6 speed automatic (4.2)
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear wheel drive​

1996-jaguar-xk8-coupe-2.jpg

Jaguar_X100_Convertible_front_20090430.jpg
jaguar-xkr-4-2-supercharged-recaro-massive-spec-152757117-1.jpg

jaguar-xkr-convertible-c576317082015183004_3.jpg

JAGUARXKR-3491_5.jpg

194.jpg

This one always bugged me. At first I thought it was overrated and "JAAG" hyped, but after time it's design really became pretty to me. Very unique and it will be future classic. But, based on aging XJS platform...

I honestly think that the convertibles look like they're badge-engineered Chrysler Sebring convertibles. However, I think that this, along with the DB7, have shown some age to me, in part because they've gotten less hype than their heirs.

I'm giving this a generous cool. I still think the Aston is cooler.

OT: It also comes to my attention that @Wiegert has ran the Cool Wall for a year. Congrats!

"Let's take a cool Jag and slap on some oversized rims that would make rice burners jealous."

Uncool

This car was a bit rubbish to me when I first saw it at the turn of the century, but it improved with age, in my opinion.

I actually quite like the look of these, I see a XK8 every so often and think it looks nice when driving by. Though the grill and wheels on the later XKR models don't look quite right imo.
85272021.jpg

I'll give it a cool rating.

Not quite cool yet. Give it 5-10 years. Meh.

I always thought it could have done with 4-5 inches cutting off the tail.

proxy-1.jpg

proxy.jpg

Loathed these when they came out, but they're growing on me. Drove one last year and fancied it quite a bit.

Ridiculously long and low, nowhere near as handy as a 911, and parking one in a tight spot is an exercise in frustration, but it actually has character.

That's a rare thing nowadays.

Cool.

Erh... I must be getting old. :lol:

Since you're not getting peak performance with one of these anyway, I'd settle for a drop-top XK8 and enjoy the drive.

There are certain visual elements I dislike, but generally it is passable. Good colour choice can make it look much better than it really is. Voted "Meh".

I'm probably going to be crucified for this but I don't like the styling of this car at all. It looks as though it's been squashed and I prefer the DB7 over this any day. Uncool

Coincidentally I saw an XK convertible with its top down today and that's certainly the most natural look for the car. The coupe's greenhouse looks like it belongs on a smaller car.

Coincidentally I saw an XK convertible with its top down today and that's certainly the most natural look for the car. The coupe's greenhouse looks like it belongs on a smaller car.

Indeed. Its greenhouse/full-length ratio makes a Camaro seem generous with its interior measurements.

Hasn't aged very well, and I feel it's a safe assumption illegal substances can be found in the seams of the leather in just about every surviving example. Like others have said, give it a few more years still.

Back