GTP Cool Wall: 1997-1999 Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution

1997-1999 Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love cars like these. It's yet another 1990s Japanese vehicle that makes me think, "only Japan would do something like this". But is it cool? No. An "evolution" version of a utilitarian off-roader sporting a flashy body kit and wheels is definitely not cool.

Definitely a cool car in its segment. Would love to have owned one when I lived in El Paso.

This is how to make a mundane SUV cool. I would kill to own one of these vehicles, as they're very rare and would probably be great fun off road.

I love cars like these. It's yet another 1990s Japanese vehicle that makes me think, "only Japan would do something like this". But is it cool? No. An "evolution" version of a utilitarian off-roader sporting a flashy body kit and wheels is definitely not cool.

You do understand that the Pajero Evolution was an homologation special for the Dakar Rally, right? The wide body kit was added to house wider tires and an increased track width. It also features completely different front and rear suspension designs and has a version of the 6G74 found only in the Evo. It dominated its class and won outright in '98 beating cars from the next class up.

But its just an offroader with a "flashy body kit", huh?

Last edited:
Cool, I Like SWB off-roaders, Engine is a bit meh though, would of been Cooler to be a Turbocharged engine given the era.

You do understand that the Pajero Evolution was an homologation special for the Dakar Rally, right? The wide body kit was added to house the wider tires and increased track width. It also features completely different front and rear suspension designs and has a version of the 6G74 found only in the Evo. It dominated its class and won outright in '98 beating cars from the next class up.

But its just an offroader with a "flashy body kit", huh?
I'm not sure how come that some people don't know enough about the history of this car. By the way, I can recall that this nameplate won 12 times in the Dakar rally, too, which is way more than many of its competitors in the said motorsport.

An "off-roader with flashy body kit" seems to be an insult to it.

scanners.gif

Many omologation specials aren't that cool for the majority of people, or so it seems.
This one is no exception, yet I want one for being a performance offorader, even if looks a bit tacky in my opinion
Uncool

Latest Posts

Back