Body Style:
4-door sedan
Engine: 2.0L turbocharged I4
Power: 276hp
Torque: 275 lb-ft
Weight: 5-speed manual
Transmission: 1260-1360kg
Drivetrain: front-engine, all-wheel drive

"It's just a Mirage with a bodykit". But yeah, I've always found the '96-'00 Lancer Evos to be quite tacky looking and not as good looking as it's competitor, the STI. Though it does suffer less from fanboyism than the STI, it still isn't cool. A Mirage isn't cool, to begin with, so why would one with a flashy bodykit be?

I am Subaru Impreza/WRX fan, but I never hated the Lancer. So there's no way I'd hate on this Lancer. I'm going "Cool" here. I am selective with what I could consider "Sub-Zero," so it isn't as if I am a tough teacher or critic. Anyhow, tab me for "Cool" for the Lancer Evolution V(?).

All memes aside though, this is a high cool, borderline Sub-Zero. Yeah, it may look tacky by today’s standards, but hey, it’s a rallying legend. I’ve always preferred the IV though.

A nice un-molested example is starting to approach cool now they're becoming old enough to be more likely owned by enthusiasts/collectors rather than morons.

Wasnt this the first evo that allowed the driver to adjust most of the power to the rear?
While in my rallying heart, the IV is my favorite evo, I think this generation is better looking. Definitely a cool car.

This is from a time when Mitsubishi was still making exciting cars. The Evo 5 is one of my favourite Mitsubishis of all time, due to being a rally legend and a serious performance car of the late 90's. It would still give today's sports car a good run for their money. Cool.

This is from a time when Mitsubishi was still making exciting cars. The Evo 5 is one of my favourite Mitsubishis of all time, due to being a rally legend and a serious performance car of the late 90's. It would still give today's sports car a good run for their money. Cool.
But for some people, it's still just "a Mirage with flashy body kit".

There was a time, when you could go to your friendly Mitsubishi Dealer and get something cool for your money.

Remember, that a 911 had about 300hp at that time. And the Evo delivered everywhere: Snow, Gravel, Asphalt.

Those were the days....

Is it fantastic to look at? Yes
Is it iconic? Also yes
Is it cool? Ehhhh
I dunno, it doesn't strike me as a special kind of car that others would wow at it.

Yeah, I agree about the Evo IV. Still, there's a red Tommy Makinen Evo that drives around my suburb.
In the metal, looks better without the driving lights.

One of my absolute dream cars is one of these, unmolested, bone stock, just like the first of the additional images with the steel wheels. Love it. Cool

Managed to win a WRC title infront of Prototype WRC cars in production spec, Changed the game with the AYC Yaw Control, plus it was one of the coolest cars on Wangan midnight.

High Cool.

The big reason why this car looked.much more extreme compared to the Evo IV was because Mitsubishi needed to step their game when the WRC Allowed prototypes and the fact they where going to stick to production spec Group A meant they had to give it a wider stance to fit wider tyres and a big wing(with adjustible angle) to improve Aero.

Back