GTP Cool Wall: 1998-2000 AC Ace

1998-2000 AC Ace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey, USA
Uncool. I don't hate it, but it's just another anonymous-looking low-budget parts-bin-special UK sports car of the 90s.

Technically the coupe versions are a different model, the AC Acea (Which is harder to say)

On the note of this car, I like it. Kind of reminds me of a DB7. Solid Cool from me. Also, how is this the first AC on the wall? Where's the original Ace? The AC 428? The 3000ME? Oh well, I'll add them to my queue eventually.

I'm pretty sure this was actually called the Brooklands Ace.

There's only one AC Ace worth talking about and it isn't this one, it's the one from 40 years prior.

Oh, I remember this car from the first TOCA Touring Cars game on the PS1, only that I had the second game. This car is extremely underrated, but looking at it, doesn't seem to be that bad. I will balance it out to a Meh.

I remember this from Toca World touring cars, I played the hell out of that game and didn't mind this car but it was one of the worst handling cars on the game.

For that it kind of loses it's kit car status for me since I'm familiar with it, so low cool.

535.jpg

It looks quite different in the game though, less Shooting brake looking.

Christ, I remember that game. In the US, it was called Jarrett & Lebonte Stock Car Racing for some reason, but it was a TOCA game through and through.

The game gave me the impression that it was a British supercar in the same vein as a Lister Storm. Seeing the real version now, dear god. It's like meeting someone whose profile picture does not look anything like what they look like in real life.

Back