GTP Cool Wall: 1998-2001 Maserati Quattroporte V8 Evoluzione

Discussion in 'Cars in General' started by GranTurNismo, Sep 15, 2019.

?

1998-2001 Maserati Quattroporte V8 Evoluzione

Poll closed Sep 25, 2019.
  1. Sub-Zero

10.5%
  2. Cool

36.8%
  3. Meh

29.8%
  4. Uncool

19.3%
  5. Seriously Uncool

3.5%
  1. GranTurNismo

GranTurNismo Premium

1998-2001 Maserati Quattroporte V8 Evoluzione nominated by @ZGBox

[​IMG]

Body Style:
    4-door sedan
    Engine: 3.2L twin-turbocharged V8
    Power: 330hp
    Torque: 332 lb-ft
    Weight: 1540kg
    Transmission: 4-speed automatic, 6-speed manual
    Drivetrain: front-engine, rear-wheel drive

2. GranTurNismo

GranTurNismo Premium

Lancia Kappa but fancier. And my word, this is a really, really forgotten car, which only adds to it's coolness. Did this short-lived, compact Quattroporte even have any competition at all?

3. Snikle

Snikle

I love Italian design, especially some of the lesser-known cars. This car is no exception. Now I never even heard of this car before it was nominated, maybe because I'm American. It wasn't until like the last few years when I went deep into reading about collector cars that I even knew that Maserati made any quaddroportes before the 2003 model (And I only knew about that because I got the Hot Wheels car). I think this car looks pretty good, and the parts that don't look good (the taillights) aren't bad enough to ruin anything, and they also give it character, if that makes sense. The style is pure 90s Italian, and though it's probably a nightmare to own, I would love one. Sub-zero

VXR likes this.
  4. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

Basically everything that was wrong with Italian design and build values of the time. A clunky, draughty saloon that was more badly bolted together than cars that sold for a quarter of the price. Add the dodgy electrics and unreliable engines and it's seriously uncool. Even with the heating on, if you're lucky.

bremics likes this.
  5. Roger the Horse

Roger the Horse

By all accounts a dreadful car

Which means anyone keeping one on the road in 2019 is gonna be pretty damn dedicated

And it looks fairly attractive

So it's cool

Darla Starch, GranTurNismo and Snikle like this.
  6. VXR

VXR

You could have bought an M5, an XJR, an S8 or an E55, but no, you're not that obvious.

You bought an Italian sports saloon to no fanfare and little understanding to the man or woman on the street.

Sub zero.

Lilium likes this.
  7. ZGBox

ZGBox

Despite being an unreliable bag of bolts, it has an elegant look to it, which I've always loved (and it's even better in person) and it's no slouch.
    Not the obvious choice, but here people would kill to have one, I mean, it's a Maserati.
    Sub Zero.

VXR likes this.
  8. GTV0819

GTV0819

A great powerful engine that has potential fitted into a somewhat blandly designed sports sedan. Hmm...

[​IMG]

Edit: It was actually a 4-door sedan, I forgot.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  9. NotThePrez

NotThePrez

Not gonna lie, for a split second I thought the pic in the OP had it rolling on a set of TIS rims. I nearly had a heart attack for some reason. :lol:

As to the car, it's kinda ugly, but if you still run one in good condition, it speaks a lot about you as a person. I knida feel like the car isn't cool, but if the person owning it actually cares for it, it makes the owner cooler, if that makes any sense. It seems like the kind of car that would be driven by someone who has an actual appreciation for things, rather than a show-off.

ZGBox likes this.
  10. kikie

kikie Premium

COOL!

11. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

What's so good about it? I look at it and think, that's not classy enough to be a Maserati. And what's up with the rear quarter panel? Uncool.

12. LivingWithGames

LivingWithGames

Hardly seen these. But I like them. A lot.

13. MrWaflz55

MrWaflz55

Probably the most forgettable Maserati of all time. Meh.