GTP Cool Wall: 1998-2002 Honda Accord (Japan)

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 25 comments

1998-2002 Honda Accord (Japan)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wiegert

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
1998-2002 Honda Accord (Japan) nominated by @FerrariF1GT

Honda_Accord_6th_generation.jpg

Body Style:
4-door sedan, 5-door wagon
Engine: 1.8L I4, 2.0L SOHC I4, 2.0L DOHC I4 (SiR and SiR-T), 2.2L I4 (Euro-R)
Power: 1.8: 138 hp
2.0 SOHC: 148 hp
SiR/SiR-T: 197 hp
Euro-R: 220 hp
Torque: 163 ft-lbs
Weight: 1230 kg (sedan), 1330 kg (wagon)
Transmission: 4-speed automatic, 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front-wheel drive or front-engine, all-wheel drive​

Honda_Accord-EuroR.jpg
3rd_Honda_Accord_Wagon.jpg
16063D_3.jpg
Import-Japanese-used-Honda-ACCORD-1999-model-from-CSO-Japan-51c83a2e3eafd8c40998.jpg
5f82a14s-960.jpg
17.jpg

Last edited:
I actually don't think it's a bad looking car, but I doubt most normal people would recognize anything awesome about these. If I drove in a SiR or Euro R; it would just probably blend in with the other mudane sedans. While I like the SiR & Euro R; I'm going to have to say meh.

It's a car. Although I do think an untouched Euro-R (Most of them here are modded horribly) would be cool, It's not cool enough for the generation as a whole to be anything other than just Meh.

Pretty much as has been said before, in stock trim it's nothing special, but it's by no means awful either. Mind, and unmolested, well-cared for, Euro-R is something really rather nice indeed, especially since it's rare over here, also, I've always quite fancied the idea of a 4wd SiR Wagon...

Anyway, besides all that, it balances out at a Meh.

It's an Acura TSX from before there was a TSX. Maybe not quite old enough to be cool yet, but I would certainly be intrigued if I saw one.

Placing it where I did because I like front wheel drive and I like touring car

Edit: I also believe it was eligible for Super Touring Cars so that's a thing I like

Last edited:
I didn't realise it shared its dashboard design with the Euro version.

I think a EuroR is neat, but it's not cool.

Looked slightly better than the US spec car, but even in Japan I assume it was meant for family duty.

I like the slighty aggressive look but it's still an Accord at the end of the day.

Meh.

Compared to other cars in its particular age and segment, it's alright. On the whole though... eh, it's very much the definition of "driving appliance". Not offensive in any way, but not really interesting either. So meh.

A regular sedan with screaming 4 cylinder engines, I mean it looks uncool but everything else I would say is cool.

A faceless, humourless saloon whose grandparents were so much more epic. Proof that being reliable and well built sometimes aren't enough to stop you being seriously uncool.

It's more interesting than the USDM Accord of the same time period, but it's still not cool.

Back