• Poll closed .

Wiegert

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
1998-2009 Bentley Arnage nominated by @Wiegert

1024px-bentley_arnage_-_flickr_-_mick_-_lumix-jpg.586754

Body Style: 4-door saloon
Engines: 4.4L twin-turbo BMW V8, 6.75L single & twin-turbo Rolls-Royce V8, 6.8L twin-turbo Rolls-Royce V8
Power: 354 hp (4.4L), 405-465 hp (6.75L), 460-500 hp (6.8L)
Torque: 420 ft-lbs (4.4L), 616-645 ft-lbs (6.75L), 645-738 ft-lbs (6.8L)
Weight: 2320-2655 kg
Transmission: 4, 5 and 6-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear wheel drive​

Bentley_Arnage_Green_label_fR.jpg
Bentley-Arnage-RL-Mulliner-SA-1024x768.jpg
Bentley_Arnage_R_(Facelift)_–_Frontansicht_(1),_3._September_2012,_Düsseldorf.jpg
1280px-2009_Bentley_Arnage_Final_Series.jpg
bentleyarnage200729.jpg
2008-Bentley-Arnage-R-Interior.jpg

I voted meh. It looks like a bad update of something from 1988, not a model that's continued until 2009. The more I look at it, the less I like it...

"Hmm... how's that Chrysler 300 with a faux Bentley badge?"

Also, I'm not a fan of modern Bentleys, although they're not as bad and beaten-to-death as modern R-Rs are.

I always preferred these over the RR Silver Seraph, that RR grille looked like an afterthought.

Stately looks, rediculous power, it's cool.

Handsome, but not a patch on the Brooklands Coupe.

Probably needs a few more years to lose the bling image and become properly cool.

Love the Arnage T to bits but the range still has a near-unshakable ostentatious stench about it. Not in the same old-skool conceited fashion that makes the Seraph so off-putting, but it's hard to overlook.

Uncool.

This is a difficult one. The engineering and sheer quality make me want to say 'cool', but I just can't. There's more than just a whiff of arrogant new-money-wannabe that accompanies these. Not sure I've ever seen anyone driving or getting out of one and thought, 'now there's a cool guy'. Quite the opposite. Second hand prices in the UK are staggeringly low (<£15k for excellent condition!), which says much about who buys them. Genuinely wealthy people want new Bentleys, people who want to be seen as such buy used.

Sorry Bentley Arnage, you're just not cool.

Second hand prices in the UK are staggeringly low (<£15k for excellent condition!), which says much about who buys them. Genuinely wealthy people want new Bentleys, people who want to be seen as such buy used.

Actually the opposite. If they're dirt cheap secondhand, nobody wants to buy them used because they aren't "money enough".

-

Uh...

I like these things.

If I were stupidly rich and... errh... stupid, I'd buy one.

I don't know if that makes it cool. :dopey:

Second hand prices in the UK are staggeringly low (<£15k for excellent condition!),
If there's something I've noticed about the second hand market in the UK it's that many high-end cars end up losing massive amount of their original value in quite a short time.

I suppose this has something to do with the massive insurance costs there, and quite frankly I'm used to the similarly distorted second hand market we have here. (I can't find an Arnage for less than 70,000€, for example)

If there's something I've noticed about the second hand market in the UK it's that many high-end cars end up losing massive amount of their original value in quite a short time.

I suppose this has something to do with the massive insurance costs there, and quite frankly I'm used to the similarly distorted second hand market we have here. (I can't find an Arnage for less than 70,000€, for example)
Pah! They're ten-a-penny around here! ;)

Another factor could be the very limited market for larger executive models that are as much about status as they are a vehicle. On the other hand, top end supercars and sports models appear to hold their prices much better, even go up in value in some cases.

Back