GTP Cool Wall: 1998 Nissan Pulsar VZ-R N1

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wiegert
  • 22 comments
  • 2,666 views

1998 Nissan Pulsar VZ-R N1


  • Total voters
    86
  • Poll closed .

Wiegert

Premium
Messages
13,409
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
1998 Nissan Pulsar VZ-R N1 nominated by @mustafur

1998-Nissan-Pulsar-VZ-R-N1-Front.jpg


Body Style: 3-door hatchback
Engine: 1.6L I4 SR16VE N1
Power: 197 hp
Torque: 131 lb-ft
Weight: 1090 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front wheel drive
Additional Information: A limited edition version of the Pulsar VZ-R tuned by Autech Japan, With 197hp from a 1.6L when this car released it had the Highest specific output of any N/A production car made when it was sold.​

176-jn15 013.jpg

1997-Nissan-Pulsar_Serie-VZ-R_N1_03.jpg

1998-Nissan-Pulsar-VZ-R-N1-Rear.jpg
5e386o5jk62b.jpg
 
Oldish hatchback with a silly badge.


Uncool.
 
Last edited:
I think this is one of the only "N1" Nissans I could think of aside from the Skyline GT-Rs.

Anyway, I don't think it's cool. I feel like I would have to explain what's great about this Nissan hatchback to non car people and they would probably think it looks like a Sentra hatchback or something. Really, there's nothing cool about that.
 
Forgot they made what amounted to a Sentra wagon. uncool.
 
Oldish hatchback with a silly badge that will eventually end up as a parts donor.


Uncool.
Way too rare with an engine that was only made for this model for that to ever happen.
 
Those not stored in a garage during winter are long gone by now.

Goes like stink, looks like poop.

Meh.
 
Way too rare with an engine that was only made for this model for that to ever happen.
I'm probably thinking of the different model then. My mistake.
 
Looks so unassuming without the stickers that you'd never have to explain what it was. Low cool for that alone.
 
Solid SU, even before the specific output talk.
 
Too Unassuming. It needs something at least to make it look not like a bland old Pulsar.

Uncool.
 
Sheesh is that horrible vinyl package from the factory? That's up there with some of the stuff from American companies in the 1970s.
 
That rear wing? On a hatchback?

Uncool.
 
Needs flared arches and some lowered suspension, otherwise very bland.

Uncool.
 
Perfectly Meh if not for the spoiler and the decals.
 
The N15 was never really a looker, this just makes it worse. Uncool.
 
Sheesh is that horrible vinyl package from the factory? That's up there with some of the stuff from American companies in the 1970s.

Indeed.

1998_autech_serie_vzrn1_v2_n15_03_b.jpg
 
I think this is a meh car, even though I voted cool. The fact that this car is rarely ever talked about makes it cooler.
 
I kind of like it. Uncool, the power seems just a tiny bit suspect for being street legal, then I remember Japan has 98 octane... 131 lb/ft is pretty stout for only 1.6L still.
 
Last edited:
I kind of like it. Uncool, the power seems just a tiny bit suspect for being street legal, then I remember Japan has 98 octane... 131 lb/ft is pretty stout for only 1.6L still.

100 octane actually. 98 octane is popular in other markets (and has its equivalents in the US), but many JDM cars (proper JDM, not the fake JDM that 14 year old boys claim to be fact on the Internet) are tuned to run on 100 octane.
 
You might feel like it's cool, for about 1 to 3 hours before someone tells you about how their mother used to drive an Almera just like yours back in the early 00s.
 
All criticisms are valid but it's still cool.

Just.
 
Back