Body Style:
4-door sedan
Engines: 3.0 L Duratec V6, 3.9 L Jaguar AJ V8
Power: 232hp V6, 280hp V8
Torque: 220 lb-ft (V6), 286 Lb-Ft (V8)
Weight: 1710kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual (V6 only), 4-speed auto
Drivetrain: front-engine, rear-wheel drive

The American rebadge of the depressing and bulbous Jaguar S-Type isn't much better of a car. Did nothing to stray from the age-old stereotype of Lincoln making humdrum "luxury-ified" cars for old folks. Though it does offer V8 power, RWD, and an optional manual transmission, and it's American competitors do not offer any of these goodies. An LS with all three of these would be a guilty of pleasure of mine, but to the average person, none of that would make a dent in terms of its coolness.

Solid uncool.

I find this car quite interesting for what it had to offer, but even if it's essentially an american jag with a good chassis and good engines, it isn't that cool at all.
Uncool

This car is my definition of cool. Not SZ, but definitely cool. It's a ford from the early 00s, so you might expect a ford from the era. But then you find a Jag v8, not the 4.6l modular engine. It uses to same rear end as the MN12 chassis, so you get an IRS, which I believe was Fords only RWD car to offer it at the time, that and the Cobra Mustang. Not that they had/have many of those. I do wish there were some more performance parts out there for it, to make more of a sleeper out of it, but I do quite like the car.

Its an early 2000S ford with the (un)reliability of an early 2000s Jag. Its one redeeming factor is that its quite handsome imo. just barely scrapes out of SU into just uncool.

Very cool... but not Sub-Zero. I always found the Lincoln LS to be a charming car. I even got in one of these at the Houston Auto Show long ago. With today's Lincoln (now Lincoln Motor Company), I'm kind of surprised Lincoln doesn't try to make a modern interpretation of the Lincoln LS. I mean, this was a car that was told to out-BMW BMWs. That's saying something! Even if Lincoln wanted to try a one-off of the LS or even if for a limited model run, they should definitely go for it.

Latest Posts

Back