2-door hatchback
Engine: 2.9L V6
Power: 227hp
Torque: 221 lb-ft
Weight: 1355kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: mid-engine, rear-wheel drive
Additional Information:
The Phase 1 Clio V6 was introduced in 2001 and is based on the second-generation Renault Clio, though it shares very few parts with that car. The Clio V6 was built by Tom Walkinshaw Racing (TWR) in Uddevalla, Sweden. The Clio V6 used an ES9 V6 engine sourced from the PSA Group and was upgraded to about 230 HP for the car. In order to accommodate the radical change between the FF hatchback and the MR two-seater, the car had to be extensively reworked structurally, thus giving the Clio V6 a vastly different driving experience from the normal Clio. 1,513 Phase 1 Clio V6s were produced from 2001 to 2003.

A chop-top, mid-engined, rear-wheel drive, widebody hatchback straight from the factory! It's a car enthusiast's wet dream. Not to mention that these are as rare as hen's teeth. I'd be more excited to see one of these than virtually any new hypercar.

But it's still quite tacky looking, and having to explain to people "It's not just ANY Clio" certainly doesn't help. Uncool it is.

Manual, V6, mid-engine and on a ****ing hatchback. Honestly, not gonna lie, I am thanking Gran Turismo for introducing me this car. I don't just like it because it is in the games. It's one of those cars I WANT to have it. One of Renault's prime cars, to me anyway.

This car alone changed my view on modern French hatchbacks, only thing is that for most people it's just a goofy looking Clio, so I'm torn on this one.
Uhhh...
Screw it, it's cool, but barely.

Back