Engines:
5.6L V8
Power: 335 hp
Torque: 369 lb-ft.
Weight: Unknown
Transmission: 4-speed automatic, 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 4-door sedan
Additional Info: The last hurrah for both Tickford Vehicle Engineering (TVE) and Ford's Windsor V8 as the Modular line was rolling out across the world, the T3 series of AU Falcons were the recipient of the most powerful V8 in an Australian-made Ford since the XY GTHO Phase III, a standard 5.0L Windsor hand-assembled at TVE and stroked out to 5.6L, bumping power from 200kW to 250kW. Three different versions were created: the TE50 based on the Ford Falcon XR8, with the most units produced; the TS50, a more luxurious version based upon the Ford Fairmont Ghia; and an incredibly scarce TL50 long-wheelbase based upon the luxury Ford Fairlane. Tickford also upgraded the brakes and suspension to match the new-found oomph under the bonnet, along with a V8 Supercar-esque bodykit and spoiler to differentiate the looks. The TVE T1-through-3 vehicles weren't particularly popular vehicles with the Australian public and sold in low numbers throughout production, but the T3 vehicles in particular are the most sought after because of the 5.6L stroker, and are commanding premiums today. TVE was bought out by Prodrive in 2002 and became Ford Performance Vehicles.​

Sub Zero, love the street cars that turn into V8 Supercars, I wish NASCAR was more like it

Seriously Uncool. Overweight, underpowered and can't outrun the ugly front end.

New Edge was an absolutely brilliant corporate design theme, and a rare example of a worldwide one working. A perfect, distinctive evolution of the jellybeans that had dominated the automotive landscape. Many of the cars even look pretty contemporary today (especially the wild interiors shying completely away from standard DIN parts); approaching 15+ years later. Ford hasn't come near approaching a quality design ethos since. Not when they made everything look like cars from the 1960s. Not when they made everything look like a Gillette Mach 3. And certainly not when they made everything look like an Aston Martin. I daresay it was one of the most successful corporate "faces" in recent history, perhaps with horsecollar Audi being the biggest competitor.

But Good Christ it does not fit on this car. It does not fit this car no matter what spoilers and macho airdam they put on it. It looks like a Ford Windstar that someone sat on. Seriously Uncool.

It looks like a Ford Windstar that someone sat on. Seriously Uncool.

This got a solid chuckle from me.

If I squint, I thought I saw the mid-90's Mustang mixed with the F-150 of the same generation, in the nose.

Low cool, looks smart and has a nice V8 up front (that could do with more power though) and is probably quite fun to drive.

I drive a Falcon.

If you're talking to someone in a V8 Supercars shirt than you can start rattling off acronyms.

The only AU Falcon's I have a soft spot for are those ugly as sin bug-eyed XR models. As seriously uncool as they are, I find them more desirable than what appears to be a body-kitted BA Falcon that's been melted around the edges.

That said, I've bumped this TVE up to uncool for being marginally less awful on the outside.

Uncool because of its name.

You drive a what?

"Ford Tickford Experience? Never heard of that band."

Last edited:
Sub Zero, love the street cars that turn into V8 Supercars, I wish NASCAR was more like it

If only Ford Fusions and Toyota Camrys had V8s as an option...

Beyond Sub Zero for me. My favorite Australian Ford of all time. It looks good, sounds good, and I remember it best from Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2. ;)

Could do with a smaller wing on the back or even a small ducktail. I find the equivalent Holden Commodore SS more appealing than this.

Meh.

Uncool. Almost all Australian cars are uncool since they tend to be brash and shouty.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit but seriously any sporty Ford Falcon is sub-zero. A manual shift RWD sedan for the masses. It's a damn shame the Falcon and the Commodore are going away. Easily top 5 cars of their respective companies global roster. I have a grudge against Ford and GM and I won't buy their cars because Ford denied the Falcon and GM denied the Ute though we got the sedan but I'm not interested.

When it comes to Australian Cars they mostly get rated on what type of owners have them, these are actually surprisingly rare and the last Tickford Tuned Falcons I would say its cool.

The Name whilst complicated means no Symbolistic Bogan purchases, with names like XR8 and GT that they all know and go off.

Back