Weight: 1360 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Rear-engine, rear-wheel drive​

file.jpg
5769194_orig.jpg
20399595793_4f973aba6d_k.jpg
image-thumb.png
Porsche-996-GT3-RS-interior.jpg

Carrera RS style color matching for the stripes and rims is something that needs to offered from the factory again.

Cool.

Being generous and gave it a Meh.

Always thought this gen of GT3 RS looked quite tacky as far as it's looks are concerned. Aside from that, it's nothing special, and whilst it's supposed to be a lightened, more honed version, it's not much better than a standard 996 GT3 for me.

And paying a substantial amount more for "less" doesn't help either.

Track day bruh!!!

Also why there's bunch of construction there? And why's the wheels and sides of a kids color book?

Uncool.

Unlike the later GT cars, the 996RS doesn't make a great road car as they are roack hard, and a bit 'lively' on the limit (no traction control or stability control either), but they do work fabulously on track. A number of people who have owned multiple generations of GT Porsche's have said they are the most rewarding of the breed to drive.

I'd love a white/blue one.

But they are not cool!! Driving one of the road just makes you look like a tool.

Uncool.

Pay more, get less. I'd rather have a Turbo S of this gen.

Uncool.

Such a cliche, and so wrong...

1. 996RS was significantly less expensive than a 996 Turbo S when new - but is worth 2-3x more in today's market

2. Less in what way? If you mean less equipment, then yes, but we're only talking about fripperies - RS comes with the essentials

3. The RS has a unique motorsport engine, significantly different suspension (much higher quality dampers and suspension components), different brakes, different seats, cage - this is where the extra money goes vs a top end non turbo 996

Turbo S is a very different car to the RS... softer suspension, softer power delivery, more comfortable, faster in a straight line, slower round a track, less rewarding to drive... much more of a GT car.

Nearly 20 years old.
Are you sure about that?

I think this car looks ugly. And it's also a massive cliche because so many people have raced these things all over the world. It's not inspiring, appeals to a certain stereotype and it's quite frankly useless on a normal road. What's the bloody point of owning such a vehicle if you are never going to use it for it's intended purpose? To me this car is boring, move on. The current GT3 RS is not boring - looks far more exciting in my eyes. Now that deserves my attention. This GT3 RS doesn't deserve my attention. Uncool.

The front of this car makes it such a dull thing. It completely falls out of tone with the nature of this thing.

Sub-Zero. You may look like a tool driving one on the road... and the decals are silly looking... and people buy these as investments now, rather than race them... and the weight savings were so serious that badges were replaced by stickers... and they're uncomfortable to drive on roads... BUT it was the very first GT3 RS and, to me, the best generation 911. This is the only GT3 RS I'd ever buy, with the exception of the 997 GT3 RS 3.6.

Despite all these things wrong with it, any car that was built to go racing which can also be used (no matter how uncomfortably) on the road is cool. Even if the general public will think you're a tool.

Last edited:
The 996 is the most hated 911 on the earth. That is why it is the coolest.

As much as I would prefer a GT2 of this gen, one of these with Blue stripes would do nicely.

Cool.

It may be a razor sharp, weaponised driver's dream on a track, but it's one of the ugliest 911's and the 2.7 RS homage looks very out of place. Uncool, almost seriously so.

It may be a razor sharp, weaponised driver's dream on a track, but it's one of the ugliest 911's and the 2.7 RS homage looks very out of place. Uncool, almost seriously so.

This isn't like putting R/T badges and a shaker scoop on a Caliber. The GT3 RS is supposed to be a spiritual successor to the original 2.7 RS and I don't see how it's actually that unworthy of the infamous Carrera RS' appearance.

This isn't like putting R/T badges and a shaker scoop on a Caliber. The GT3 RS is supposed to be a spiritual successor to the original 2.7 RS and I don't see how it's actually that unworthy of the infamous Carrera RS' appearance.
I didn't say the 996 GT3 RS was an unworthy successor to the 2.7 though, did I?
I said it looked out of place.

It's a shame the front of the 996 was such a mess, bleeding lights aside it's just too busy, too much car ahead of the front wheels (and almost identical to that gen of Boxster). As for the rest of the car, Doug DeMuro was right this time, it was a very good-looking 911. Prefer the look of the more bog-standard models and the Turbo, but still a Cool car.

Back