Engines:
5.0L V8 (BMW S62)
Power: 500-520 hp
Torque: 406-410 lb-ft.
Weight: 1253-1350 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Mid engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe
Additional Info: "Launched in 2003 with a starting price of £235,000, the KZ1 is the 3rd Ascari model following the lesser known Ecosse and FGT before it. The KZ1 and evolved KZ1-R straddle the line between cheaper supercars and more expensive hyper exotics whilst offering equivalent performance. The lighter, more hardcore KZ1-R road car would also ultimately evolve into the track-focused A10. Only 50 KZ1's and 50 KZ1-R's would be made."​
ascari-kz1-driving-on-road.jpg

ascari-kz1-down-slope.jpg

2003-ascari-kz1-3.jpg

Ascari_KZ1_Interior.jpg

2005-ascari-kz1-r.jpg

ascari-kz1-r-sportivnyy.jpg

ascari-kz1-r-c164326112012002131_7.jpg

epcp_1007_07_o%2Bascari_kz1r_lm%2Binterior.jpg

Meh. Also, they ought to have requested a car that had just been detailed for that last picture.

I quite like it, and it made a brilliant GT3 car, but it most definitely isn't cool.

SU.

It's different as it's not from the establishment, and being built in the UK should be a plus, but you'd have to explain to people what it is.

Uncool.

Has the sort of 'build in a shed' vibe. Well, only those times, when people will not think it's a Ferrari.

As the hypothetical owner of a KZ1-R, I would be trying my hardest not to strike up a conversation amongst friends by telling them where I salvaged a set of spare headlights for my rare pride and joy.

pug.jpg

Had to go for a low Cool with this. I'm always drawn to lesser-known high performance cars as long as they are done well, and Ascaris have reliable German underpinnings and are damn fast cars. However loses a ton of points on looks, the styling isn't sneaky enough to bely that spare parts bin/kit vibe (see Noble for a marques that gets this right). Pricing point seems odd to me too, Ascari have always been about the exclusivity factor, with the resort and track and whatnot but I really feel had this been priced a lot lower, it could have been very successful, if their margins allowed this.

That has to be one of the tallest gearlevers in supercar history. Did they take that from 206 as well? SU

I simply cannot call this thing cool with such a horrible rear end. But used to like this thing a lot. Meh

The more I look at it, the more it strikes me as someone's failed (oh so miserably) attempt at replicating something much nicer.

lamborghini-murcielago-lp640-replica-fiancata.jpg

Uninspired and design, all the ususal negative "supercar" attention but with the addition of stupid "WUT IS ASKAREH?" questions.

Seriously uncool.

I don't mind the looks so much; don't get me wrong, they're far from awe inspiring but I wouldn't say that I disliked it. However, that interior is a great big let down, and if I was paying over £200,000 for a supercar I'd be incredibly disappointed at value for money.

Uncool.

At least it demonstrates the upper limit of how performance oriented a super car can become before it becomes intolerable to the people who would actually drop the money to buy it.

Seriously Uncool.

A great car by most accounts. Not hampered by wearing one of the usual badges, but hampered by not wearing one that non-enthusiasts would know. Also costs way more than it looks and screams 'parts-bin' a little too much. Meh.

I'm going to have to go cool with this one. Yes it's a little generic and unknown outside enthusiast circles, but it's quick, looks good and rare. If I was at a track day and one turned up, I'm sure it would get plenty of attention and questions.

Back