fiat-stilo-michael-schumacher-edition-uk-version-2005-304256-jpg.951768

Body Style: 3dr hatch
Engine: 2.4 "Pratola Serra" I5 20V
Power: 170hp
Torque: 163 lb-ft
Weight: 1340 kg
Transmission: 5 speed "Selespeed" Automated Manual transmission, 5 speed Manual
Drivetrain: Front Engine, Front-Wheel Drive
Additional Information: A special edition based on the 20V Abarth model built in limited numbers (3,500 made), was only offered with three doors (on most markets) and with the option of a 5 speed manual, it was built to celebrate Michael Shumacher's F1 success.
It was only offered in Rosso Corsa, it's almost fully loaded with every options and it sported a Zender bodykit, plus unique decals and a metal plaque with the embossed production number and with Shumi's signature.
fiat-stilo-michael-schumacher-edition-uk-version-2005-304257-jpg.951769

d6b62c7f301fad1e0a3800676e146440.jpg

fc067b38a27b650ce95e6a8f83465bd5.jpg

Fiat-Stilo-Abarth-Interior.jpg

I'll give it a cool. I like the way it looks well enough, and it seems like it would be fun to drive, but beyond that I have no convictions about it.

From what I've read there's a GP version, of which 200 were made, that offers 18" wheels and a Prodrive-tuned suspension. The more common version is just an expensive dress-up kit on a standard Abarth, which in turn is a slightly hotted up version of a car that seems to be commonly described as "not as good as a Focus".

Also, this is hardly the car that comes to mind when I think of "multiple time Formula 1 champion". Uncool.

Aaaah, the Stilo, maybe one of the biggest FIAT failures of the 21st century but this version in particular always interested me.
I'm a sucker for 5-cylinder engines (and this one is no exception, it sounds great and it's not that unreliable), and the fact that it exists because Shumi was on top in the F1 world is enough for me to like it.
But alas, this never had a chance when compared to its rivals on the performance (and quality) standpoint and the infamous Selespeed really didn't do any favours (as it's also the most popular transmission with this engine), primarly because FIAT really didn't see the point of building a proper hot hatch.
And it's a modern FIAT soo yeah, even in it's motherland it's uncool.

From what I've read there's a GP version, of which 200 were made, that offers 18" wheels and a Prodrive-tuned suspension. The more common version is just an expensive dress-up kit on a standard Abarth, which in turn is a slightly hotted up version of a car that seems to be commonly described as "not as good as a Focus".

The GP was also a UK-exclusive, so I kinda forgot to include it :( but it's still quite interesting to know nonetheless.

I assume this was to celebrate Schumacher's last three seasons in F1 where he was totally outclassed by the competition?

I’ll give it a low cool, but nothing higher. Looks nice enough and having that connection to Ferrari-era Schumacher is a good novelty. Other than that it’s a red FIAT that nobody would assume besides serious collectors.

At the time I thought the Stilo was rather graceless but given how bad most modern hatches look, I think it looks OK. I don't think the Schmacher name tag adds any coolness. Meh.

Meh. Definitely one of the better looking hot-hatches of the mid-2000s, but also one of the least sporty and powerful.

Back