• Poll closed .
United States
Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
2004-2006 Saab 9-2X nominated by @el fayce
n1crqvz2poqfwlliv0qh.jpg

Engines:
2.5L H4 (Subaru EJ253), 2.0L Turbo H4 (Subaru EJ205), 2.5L Turbo H4 (Subaru EJ25)
Power: EJ253: 164 hp; EJ205: 227 hp; EJ25: 230 hp
Torque: EJ253: 166 lb-ft.; EJ205: 217 lb-ft.; EJ25: 235 lb-ft.
Weight: 1390 kg
Transmission: 4-speed auto, 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, four wheel drive
Body Styles: 5-door hatchback/wagon
Additional Info: "The notorious SAABaru only sold 8,514 units"​
2005-Saabaru.jpg

DR_SaabaruBig.jpg

Saab9-2x-ai.jpg

2005-Saab-92X_Image-015-1024.jpg

saab-92x-2.jpg

saab-9-2x-aero-58.jpg
Isogrey2.jpg

saab-9-2x-aero-58.jpg
Isogrey2.jpg
saab-92x-interior-7.jpg

If I was going to buy a Subaru Impreza of that generation, the Saab version would definitely be high on the list. In fact, I'd probably convert a Subaru STI version to have a Saab bodykit, if I had enough funds for one.

I'm part of a minority though. And when driven by a non-car-person, it's simply a Saab estate. A dull car for a dull person. Uncool.

A Saab trying to pass off as a Subaru. Or is it the other way round?

Either way, fraud is not cool.

"If Volvo can do it using Ford's C1 platform, why shouldn't we give it a try?"

Cue the designer knocking this up in a fit of blind disinterested resulting in a glaringly awkward and lazy mix that would have been best left outside the realm of reality.

Seriously uncool.

Last edited:
Either way, fraud is not cool.

Just curious how it's a fraud? It is a Subaru with a Saab front end grafted onto it.

Anyways, it's a Saab and Swedish cars are cool even if they are Swedish in name only.

Like what happens when you have two incredibly good looking people give birth to an ugly baby. Mix two quirky, cool brands together, and you get something substantially less interesting than either.

Uncool.

It's a Saab, so it should be cool, but... It just isn't. Instead it just looks like a confused Frankenstein's Monster of a car, unsure what it's meant to be.

In 20 years time, sub zero. Almost certainly. Today? Uncool.

All the benefits of an Impreza without the Monster Energy and Impossibru stickers that come standard equipment. It doesn't even look too bad.

Borderline cool.

I wish there was a "276bhp" version, but this is still a very smart alternative to the Impreza. Do like the styling of later Saabs, and it's different enough to bump it up some cool points. Solid upperish Cool.

It's a shame that GM was so blatantly lazy about it, because this could have been a legitimate entry level sports sedan if they had done just a bit more to differentiate it and justify its higher price. Change the interior (or at the very least get rid of the shared switches and such), make the turbo standard, possibly offer the Outback engine in it. As it is it's much, much cooler than an Impreza... right up until the point where people realize that it is essentially is an Impreza. Which even the layman shouldn't have too much trouble doing, since even the 9-7X was more different from the Trailblazer and etc.

Still, I'd rather have this than an Impreza.

It's a premium Subaru basically
69393528.jpg

2005saab92x7.jpg

404-error-blog1.jpg

Last edited:
Saab Exterior Styling without the Saab reliability issues.

Since there is some styling Substance to this badge engineering special, i can't say it's uncool, but it's not quite meh.

I would Say Cool for those that don't know too much about cars, and a Neutral cool to those that do.

If they sold that here it would be a tempting used purchase, a WRX that is owned by a civilized person means it wouldn't be molested.

Last edited:
You'd need to be a Saab geek or total car nut (neither of which is cool) to even know what this is.

Otherwise it looks totally aftermarket. Even if you're reasonably into cars, this looks like someone has just grafted a Saab 9-3 front end on an Impreza hatch because reasons.

Back