Body Style:
Four-Door Sedan
Engine: 2.5L Turbocharged Inline-5 "B5254T4"
Power: 296hp
Torque: 300 lb-ft
Weight: 1,620kg
Transmission: 2004-05 5-speed, 2006-07 6-speed
Drivetrain: Front Engine, All-Wheel Drive
Additional Information: in addition to more power, the R came with Brembo four-piston brakes, semi-active "Four-C" suspension from Öhlins, 18-inch "Pegasus" wheels, and HID headlamps. There was also an optional body kit and an R specific interior called "Atacama" which was an undyed leather that felt similar to a baseball glove.
2005_volvo_s60_r-pic-38685-1600x1200.jpeg

963122809.jpg

85569101.jpg

volvo-s60-volvo-s60r-2005-gris_6958873973.jpg

I'll go with Cool, why not. I tend to like Volvos, and while this isn't the best of them (and I'm sure someone here is gonna vote uncool because this one "tries too hard" or something), this one has a bit more to it than many others. Plus one of my best friends drives an S60, so I might be biased there too.

Meh. Doesn't look that much different than a normal S60, but honestly that's for the better. How could one go wrong with Swedish style with good power figures as well?

Fanboy vote, subzero.

It's probably one of my favorite cars ever and definitely has a spot in my dream garage. Unfortunately, one in good shape is pretty expensive and the earlier model years have an AWD system that explodes. Oh, and Flash Green (that mint colour) is the second-best Volvo colour ever after Swedish Racing Green.

That's simultaneously cool and uncool at the same time: it is cool because it's a fast Volvo with unassuming looks, but it's uncool because well, it's a bit nerdy.
But whatever, cool it is

What's the difference between this version and T5?

The R has a different turbo setup giving it 40hp more, semi-active Öhlins suspension, Brembo brakes, and some cosmetic differences. I believe the R's engine also had a slightly lower compression than the standard T5, but I can't remember off hand. I want to say the R had a 8.5:1 while the T5 had 9.0:1.

There was also a unique interior option called Atacama that looked like this:
file.php

I am a bit of a Volvo (and saab) fan as well. This car definitely gets a SZ from me. I plan on owning a Volvo wagon sometime perhaps sooner than later.

Back