Body Style:
2-door convertible
Engine: 4.4L supercharged V8, 4.6L V8
Power: 320-443hp
Torque: 310-414 lb-ft
Weight: 1655-1740kg
Transmission: 5-speed automatic, 6-speed automatic
Drivetrain: front-engine, rear-wheel drive
Additional Information: 15,500 total sold in North America, Europe, and Japan. Base price was $86,000, but could go above $120k with options, making it the most expensive American production car ever (the Ford GT broke this record a year later). 0-60 time for the normal model was 5.8s and 4.6s for the XLR-V.

Last edited:
Seriously, seriously uncool. A rebadged C6 Corvette specifically designed for boomers who were too taken aback by the then new 'Vette and wanted something more conservative. Who on the face of this Earth would pay $100k for this sad looking Corvette reskin when cars like the SL, 6-Series, and XK existed? It was hopelessly uncompetitive with it's European rivals; not to mention the interior looks like it was pulled straight from the CTS, and it was plagued with many quality issues. The least GM could've done was give it the 6.0L V8 of the 'Vette, but I guess that would be too daring.

Despite all that, I don't hate this car. Thought it does look frumpy from some angles, the XLR was the pinnacle of the "Arts and Sciences" era of Cadillac, and it once being the most expensive American car ever, fascinates me. But is it cool? Not in a million years.

Probably the best implementation of "Art and Science," which worked so much better on something sleek and small like this rather than something with the obese ass of the CTS coupe. Still though, it's a Cadillac (meh) version of the C6 Corvette (Probably the most meh Corvette. That or the C5), so it's still a meh from me, saved from uncool only by how funny it is when I see one.

Looks bland and it's heavy as well.

tenor.gif

I like the idea of it, wouldn't mind if someone donated an XLR-V to me.

Execution, on the other hand, was not the bestest. Meh, leaning uncool side. Wouldn't object to an XLR 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Ugly, heavy, and power levels that exceed its capabilities greatly. Donald trump on wheels.

Meh. It's just a C6 Corvette in an expensive suit.

I like the idea of it, wouldn't mind if someone donated an XLR-V to me.

Execution, on the other hand, was not the bestest. Meh, leaning uncool side. Wouldn't object to an XLR 2: Electric Boogaloo.
If they do make an XLR reboot based on the C8 they should give it the Blackwing engine.

I always kind of wish they made the XLR-V.R for the Pirelli World Challenge or something

6971afa8e0381ccad28aa73cab1c66a7.jpg

I really think a GT racing edition would have been really cool.

But other than that, the road car in the poll gets an uncool. Maybe a meh for the V model, but that's not what's being polled.

I always kind of wish they made the XLR-V.R for the Pirelli World Challenge or something

View attachment 852107

I really think a GT racing edition would have been really cool.

But other than that, the road car in the poll gets an uncool. Maybe a meh for the V model, but that's not what's being polled.
The V is included in the poll.

I'd register this as "meh" but, after learning that it's supposed to be a toned down Corvette, that hurts its rating for me.

Uncool.

Back