2005-2007 Ford Five Hundred nominated by @Cowboy

Body Style: 4-door sedan
Engine: 3.0L V6
Power: 203hp
Torque: 207 lb-ft
Weight: 1660-1730kg
Transmission: CVT, 6-speed automatic
Drivetrain: front-engine front-wheel drive, front-engine all-wheel drive

Seriously, seriously uncool. If beige were a vehicle, it would be none other than the Ford Five Hundred. This car was Chrysler Sebring levels of bad; it looked and felt depressing, it was woefully underpowered, and best symbolized how bad of shape Ford was in during the mid-2000s. The fact that Ford actually thought this car would be a competent Taurus successor is beyond me.

Also, these cars have completely disappeared from the roads, it feels like. Back in the late 2000s these were quite common, and now they're almost extinct. I don't know whether it's because they're unreliable, or they're bad enough that no one would want to drive it, but either way I'm not upset to see them go.

The Ford that absolutely nobody asked for. All I can say is that thank god this didn't completely replace the Taurus as it was intended to.

I drove one about 10 years ago. It was a rental.

You didn’t or don’t see any on the roads because hardly any were actually made. Compare around 250,000 models from ‘04-‘07 to well over a million Accords over the same period.

Back