Body style:
5-door MPV
Engine: 2.0L turbo I4
Power: 197-237 hp
Torque: 193-236 lb-ft
Weight: 1434 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front-wheel drive
Additional information: This car was also sold outside of the UK as the Opel Zafira OPC.​

OThjMmYwOGY2OGRlMWQ4MzdkYmRlMjI1YjkzYWQ3Ymbu6HS23s-xmIUM6vfFJqyiaHR0cDovL2Itc3RhdGljLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMi9sYXJnZS8xMzA4MzYtWmFmaXJhX09wY18wMDguanBnfHx8fHx8NjQweDQ4MHxodHRwOi8vd3d3LmFkdmVydHMuaWUvc3RhdGljL2kvd2F0ZXJtYXJrLnBuZ3x8fA==.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
2006-opel-zafira-opc-3.jpg

vx_05269.jpg
Vauxhall-Zafira_VXR-2005-1024-15.jpg

See, I nominated this because I honestly have no idea whether it's cool or uncool. It's essentially an Astra VXR with 7 seats, but I'm not sure whether that makes it a neat unassuming sleeper or an incredibly uncool travesty. At the very least, I'm a little ashamed to say this, but I actually kinda want it.

I love the idea of fast MPVs, even if they are thoroughly pointless, but it's still a Vauxhall Zafira. SU.

Fastest seriously uncool ever. Bleugh, this car is stupid and terrible and irrelevent and useless. Why make a performance minivan? WTF?

Aside from it being both a people carrier and a Vauxhall, it's also a 'performance variant' of something no one needs a performance variant of. Now you can understeer through a hedge at a decent pace and bring your whole (extensive) family along for the ride. SU.

Only exists for Astra VXR owners who got someone up the duff. Sounds appealing on paper admittedly, but utterly pointless in the real world. Seriously uncool.

A manual transmission in a minivan seems extremely inconvenient; you won't have a free hand for your coffee/cellphone/threatening to smack Billy for picking on his sister and if you don't stop it so help me I will pull over right now and come back there.

Seriously though, it just seems like an answer to a question nobody was asking, and that unending sea of bland neutral gray on the inside ain't helping matters either. Uncool.

Let's see;

MPV- Seriously Uncool
Vauxhall - Seriously Uncool
VXR - Uncool

Wonderfully mad, and once claimed to be the fastest road-going MPV until the Merc R63 AMG, but completely pointless and irrelevant.

SU.

the only cool performance minivan was that bonkers Odyssey that Bisimoto made a while back

maybe the Mercedes R63 AMG?

Back