Torque: 236 lb⋅ft
Weight: 1510kg
Transmission: 6 speed manual & 6 speed Double clutch Gearbox
Drivetrain: AWD
VOLKSWAGENGolfVR32-5Doors--1735_7.jpg

vw_1911.jpg

043837600_1233145812.jpg

2009_volkswagen_gti_2_0t-pic-57537-640x480.jpeg

Mmm, check out that 2000s infotainment. Anyway it's not a bad car but it doesn't make me feel enough to go cool or above, so meh it is.

The Volkswagen Golf is often a car I never give more credit to than it should. It's a great car, and always has been. This car isn't sublime enough to me to warrant Sub-Zero, so I'm giving a very strong Cool to this car.

Hey look it’s the one from Gran Turismo 5!

Ok, for real I’ll give it a cool. There’s never been a bad Golf GTi and they’re all very good at what they do.

Also I’m not sure if I remember correctly but I remember reading somewhere that the R32 accelerates slower than the standard GTi due to the increased weight of the 4WD system but is faster around the track than the standard GTi, so that’s interesting too I guess.

Last edited:
Not particularly fast for a hothatch, but definitely one of the last of an era, the VR6 engine is glorious in sound one of the best sounding 6 Cylinders ever made.

Cool.

Not particularly fast for a hothatch

I don't know, a 3 series would kill it but R32s are pretty quick, and they weren't quite in the "hot hatch" league at the time they came out. This was a-bahn limited to 155 because it had more speed on tap, many of the more common twilight supermarket car park crowd were in cars that wouldn't see 120, chromed mods or not.

If anything this was an exercise in making a Golf too quick for a Golf. Imo.

I don't know, a 3 series would kill it but R32s are pretty quick, and they weren't quite in the "hot hatch" league at the time they came out. This was a-bahn limited to 155 because it had more speed on tap, many of the more common twilight supermarket car park crowd were in cars that wouldn't see 120, chromed mods or not.

If anything this was an exercise in making a Golf too quick for a Golf. Imo.
Just going by my own experience, the one in the first picture is mine lol.

The real appeal for this car is the engine, in a world of inline 4 turbos this car is really special with a unique sounding naturally aspirated 6 Cylinder, very smooth to drive with as well.

Last edited:
Back