Power: 690 hp
Torque: 645 lb-ft
Weight: 1100-1200 kg
Transmission: 7-speed sequential manual
0013gumpertapollocarreview.jpg

carpixel.net-2007-gumpert-apollo-sport-370-wide.jpg

nrburgring-record-setting-gumpert-apollo-is-for-sale_100651647_h.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm not usually the type to vote uncool just because "It's just another supercar that I can't afford and will never be driven to its limits" because I usually like the way they look enough to make up for that. But this one is just ugly. Uncool.

Normally I would give a car a pass if it has legitimate racing history, and this one did race at the 24 Hours Nurburgring (well, a hybrid version anyway) which is certainly noteworthy. And supposedly the function-over-form body shape generates enough downforce that it can drive upside down at top speed. And it did sit at the top of the Top Gear power lap board for two years until the Veyron Super Sport finally unseated it.

But man, this thing has no business being on public roads. Making it road legal means pretty much all of the ones currently in existence are probably specced for street use, have never been driven in anger, and thus are just collector's fodder at best and completely wasted potential at worst. And that's just Uncool, yo.

• Wasn't built with looks in mind but to be fast/quick. ✔️
• A pure, straight-up, full blown TRACK car (just like the Viper ACR and similar machines), made street-legal! ✔️
• Has so much downforce it can theoretically drive on a tunnel ceiling at its top speed (360 km/h). ✔️
• One of the quickest production/road cars (0-100 in under 3 seconds). ✔️
• One of the best handling cars (according to what I've read). ✔️
• Was at one point of time THE quickest production/road car on the Nordschleife and Top Gear's Test Track. ✔️
• And it's sexy af. ✔️

Oh and by the way, it was built between 2008 and 2012 (the cars from 2005 are prototypes) and the power actually ranges from 710 to 1,000 hp (depending on a unit), which is another ✔️ from me.

That's why I consider it to be one of the greatest exotic cars on Earth.

Sub-zero easily.

Last edited:
I'll be honest, this is one of my favorite super cars, right behind the Ford gt. Very high cool. Just a degree below SZ.

Nope, this isn't a cool car.
Uncool only for the fact that it's a competent track car, and it's very VERY fast

Nope, this isn't a cool car.
Uncool only for the fact that it's a competent track car, and it's very VERY fast

Lolwut? What you just spouted out makes ABSOLUTELY NO sense whatsoever! I mean, there's NOTHING uncool about it being a track car. It was made with a PURPOSE.

Lolwut? What you just spouted out makes ABSOLUTELY NO sense whatsoever! I mean, there's NOTHING uncool about it being a track car. It was made with a PURPOSE.

Yeah, it has a purpose, and it's great
But I simply don't think that is that cool of a purpose, I'm more of a road car kinda of guy myself
(Also yeah, i didn't word that correctly, sorry. I was trying to say that it's uncool in my opinion, but it's still a fast and competent car)

It's more of a personal cool for me. I've always liked this car and the function over form looks, though I can see why people would consider it uncool.

The Gumpert Apollo and all of its variations are the most video game looking car ever. The fact the Apollo is even in captivity is sublime. This is otherwise a car you might see in a Grand Theft Auto or a Burnout. With its performance and such, I don't know enough about it to praise it as a GOAT (greatest of all time) or anything. I still will call "Sub-Zero" on this one.

Ugh. I missed this one, too :(

Easy SZ, this thing checks everything I love in a supercar: Power, performance, name, looks, etc.

Also, I can't believe it's been 8 years since its production ended.

Missed out on the voting period on this one, but man I really wish they made a Group GT1 version of this car. It would have been super outclassed but that would have made a great addition to the period.

Back