GTP Cool Wall: 2007-2011 Honda Civic Type R (FN2)

• Thread starter Snikle
  • 15 comments

2007-2011 Honda Civic Type R FN2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
United States
Poll 1344: 2007-2011 Honda Civic Type R (FN2) nominated by @Murcie_LP640
upload_2021-1-22_21-50-12-png.986353

Body Style: 3-door, 5 seat hatchback
Engine: 2.0L K20Z4 inline-4
Power: 198hp
Torque: 142lb-ft
Weight: 1320kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: front-engine, front-wheel-drive
Additional Information: The difficult second album of exported Civic Type R models. The follow-up to the EP3 Civic Type R, the FN2 replaced the former's independent rear suspension with a torsion beam, was heavier but was still saddled with the same engine with only one extra pony, and was generally seen as a step backward for the red 'R' Civic. - On the plus side though it was based on the 8th generation Civic with fancy triangular exhausts, funky door handles and a well laid-out yet still futuristic interior.
FindMyOil%20ndash%20Honda%20Civic%20Type%20R%20FN2%20-%201.jpg

honda_civic_2007_pictures_10.jpg

honda_civic_2007_pictures_11.jpg

fn2-vs-fk8-006.jpg

This is quite an ugly civic, glad the American version looked a little less egg-shaped. I'm sure its fun to drive, and I do like the interior, but I'm probably going uncool with this one.

Some of today's Honda automobiles look too edgy to be considered lovely. Looking back on this Civic Type-R, this is nowhere near iconic or classic as the mid-and-late 1990s Civic Type R. I'm not really feeling this Civic at all. So I'm going to go with an Uncool here.

Definitely at least a Meh because it's a Type R, otherwise it was "Uncool" for sure. If it was the Honda CRX 16i-16v from 1988 I would give it a "Cool".

Last edited:
I think most would agree that the FN2 is the least interesting iteration of the Civic Type-R. I much prefer the FD2.

honda-civic-type-r-fd-white-side-2008-750.jpg

EDIT: seemed to have voted SU on accident. I meant Uncool.

Last edited:
The last subtle-looking (and arguably the best looking) Euro Type-R, but slightly downgraded in the chassis compared with the previous one. High meh.

I'm going to go against the grain here because I really like it. Its a bold and interesting design, if a little unresolved at the rear. Shame it had to lose the Citroen SM like facia of the lesser models. Would be SZ but for the downgrade to its sportiness from its predecessor. Cool.

Uncool, it's just not the Civic Type R that everybody wants and it's not really the best one.
Having said that, I'd love to own one just because it's not really talked about too much and it's also the last to have the NA 4-pot engine.
The FD2 may be the better of the two contemporary Civics, but also the least interesting-looking one for me.

Last edited:
I can only imagine how amazing this thing must have looked when it arrived in showrooms to replace the UPS truck that came before it.

I always felt like the hatred for the FN2 is merely based on Top Gear's opinions rather than anything else. I quite like it even if it had downgraded suspension from the previous iterations.

I always felt like the hatred for the FN2 is merely based on Top Gear's opinions rather than anything else. I quite like it even if it had downgraded suspension from the previous iterations.

Well the previous iteration's suspension was downgraded from its forebears too but seems to get a pass despite looking like a bread van (for the record I own one).

Well the previous iteration's suspension was downgraded from its forebears too but seems to get a pass despite looking like a bread van (for the record I own one).
The other "non Japanese" based Civic Type R EP, right?

Back