2010-2014 Honda Insight

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wiegert

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
2010-2014 Honda Insight nominated by @FerrariF1GT

libro-digital-usuario-honda-insight-2009-2014-envio-gratis-140111-MLU20459686987_102015-F.jpg

Body Style:
5-door hatchback
Engine: 1.3L I4 + 100.8 volt battery
Power: 88 hp (petrol) + 13 hp (electric)
Torque: 88 lbs-ft (petrol) + 58 lbs-ft (electric)
Weight: 1237 kg
Transmission: Continuously variable transmission (CVT)
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front wheel drive
Additional Information: After a two-year hiatus, the second-generation Insight concept was revealed at the 2008 Paris Motor Show, with production beginning in 2009, just in time for the third-generation Toyota Prius.

The Insight switched from a three-door to a five-door design, likely for the purpose to compete with the Prius. Due to increases in size, weight, and power, this Insight wasn't as efficient as its predecessor, as well as the competing Prius.

Features included in the Insight included Honda's new fifth-generation Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) hybrid powertrain and an all-new Honda ECO Assist System. The IMA mates the Insight's internal combustion engine and electric motor directly to the crankshaft. The ECO Assist System shows whether or not one's driving style is efficient for the car. The speedometer will glow a certain colour depending if the driver is driving efficiently (green), somewhat efficiently (teal), and inefficiently (blue). Additionally, an ECON button is included so the driver can sacrifice performance for efficiency.

The Insight's design was inspired by the Fit/Jazz. Its platform was later used on the CR-Z.

Production ceased in 2014, and was succeded by the Honda Grace, a hybrid based on the City, sold only in Japan.​

honda-insight-2010-ex-wallpaper-2.jpg
The_cockpit_view_of_the_2010_Honda_wallpaper_Insight_LX..jpg
2010-Honda-Insight-Hybrid-5.jpg

Last edited:
The first gen Insight is cool because it dared to be different and it succeeded in that category.

This, on the other hand, is a bland, dull Prius copy which somehow got the Honda badge slapped on it.

Last edited:
It's a shame this Insight departed from the original. Like Tornado said, that just made it look more like a Prius.

It would have been a lot cooler if it was simply a facelifted version of the first-gen Insight. With the looks of the Prius, I can't really go higher than uncool when I'm generous, not that I find the Prius uncool - as I do find the Prius to be cool - but this rips off the Prius. Seriously uncool. Not even the hybrid can save it.

The real Insight was cool. That's a crappy Prius knockoff.

To be fair, the second-generation Insight was $3K-5K cheaper than the Prius, while giving up a few MPGs in return.

The original Insight kind of lives on in the CR-Z, although it sacrifices 50 miles per gallon for much sharper handling, faster acceleration, getting a manual transmission, and...looks.

Last edited:
The original Insight kind of lives on in the CR-Z, although it sacrifices 50 miles per gallon for much sharper handling, faster acceleration, getting a manual transmission, and...looks.

The original Insight had a manual transmission too. ;)

This one, uncool.

Uncool. Somehow plainer looking than the Prius, and a lot more so than the Jetson-esque original Insight. I like to give props to anything that does the hybrid thing well (though that potentially opens up a whole other debate of course) but "The Insight switched from a three-door to a five-door design, likely for the purpose to compete with the Prius. Due to increases in size, weight, and power, this Insight wasn't as efficient as its predecessor, as well as the competing Prius."

So Uncool it is, and a low Uncool.

Last edited:
Uncool. Might look similar to a Prius, but doesn't carry the baggage of that car's name. And not as cool as the original Insight, obviously.

As an aside, they do drive okay though. Feels much lighter on its feet than the Prius, better steering and more enthusiastic handling. Not as sophisticated under the skin but they're still pretty good on fuel.

Meh. The problem is not that it's a Prius clone. The problem is that it's an unremarkable Prius clone.

Back