Wiegert

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
2010-2015 Infiniti G37 nominated by @ildd

2012-infiniti-g37-ipl-review.jpg

Body Styles: 2-door coupe, 2-door hardtop convertible, 4-door sedan
Engine: 3.7L V6
Power: 328 hp (350 hp in the IPL Coupe only)
Torque: 270lb-ft
Weight: 1680 kg Coupe and Sedan, 1882 kg Convertible
Transmission: 7-speed automatic, 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear wheel drive / all wheel drive
Additional Information: (notes) Although technically the production years are 2009-2013, I list it as 2010 because it was facelifted after one year. Many features that came standard in 2010 were mere options in 2009, along with better looks. Additionally, there were virtually no changes in 2014 and 2015, apart from the name.
Trim levels included Base, Journey, Sport, and IPL. You cannot get a manual AWD sedan.​

infiniti-g37-convertible-[4000].jpg

2011_infiniti_g25_sedan_angularrear.jpg

1280px-Infiniti_G37_convertible_1_--_03-10-2010.jpg
IMG_4434.JPG
IMG_4437.JPG

Folding hardtop (and the resulting looks) drag the rest of it down to Uncool.

A continuation of the Skyline, without the glitz of the GT-Rs, even if it is based on the same platform as the Z34 Fairlady. That's pretty cool.

I really want to like these, I was a fan of the previous G35 coupe, and the sedan once the HR engine appeared.

Even though these are better in pretty much every way I just don't find these as appealing. Meh it is.

I want to buy a 370Z but with as much sportiness taken out of it as possible and pay loads more money for it.

Uncool.

I want to buy a 370Z but with as much sportiness taken out of it as possible and pay loads more money for it.

Uncool.
It's kind of supposed to be a more luxurious 370Z, as far as the coupe version goes.
I agree with everyone about the convertible version, by the way.

While the IPL is a guilty pleasure of mine, the regular G37's aren't that cool. Most drivers are upper-middle class businesspeople or real estate agents, and those aren't cool people.

The IPL saves me from giving an Uncool. So, Meh it is.

The G35 is handsome enough, but something about the G37 is off, making it look like Nissan's take on the Toyota Solara or something like that. It's a bit weird to see enthusiasts and young people with what resembles more of a mid-life crisis car, but they bought it because it's a Skyline.

The vert: Meh, I understand. It makes sense for the people who own them.
The coupe: It's like having a 370Z except you can get AWD if you don't want a stick. Also leather, also back seats. Nobody drives hard enough on the road for the Z's better handling at the limits to matter anyway.
The sedan: Yes please. It's a proper, legitimate sport sedan, though while a stick was available I don't really want one. The 7AT is well-suited to the VQ37, holds gears in manual mode, and will rev-match downshift as soon as the next lower gear will not put you literally on the rev limiter. Add AWD and you have something that does any weather, with plenty of potential for bad-weather shenanigans and hoonery. Except the Q50 has all of these traits, except with an interior that doesn't suck.

Uncool overall. Nothing about any of them is "cool" save maybe the sedan, but that's still a cool sedan, which isn't cool.

I really do like this car for some reason... dat front end and the sort of understatement from the car makes it cool. Very cool.

Uncool.
For what it's worth I got time in a 370Z and a G37 Sedan around a cone course a few weeks ago and the G37 was faster. Tires may have had a lot to do with it, but the G's are still no slouch...

The awkward styling makes me shudder in the same way the Lexus SC 430 does. Anything that is causes a negative physical reaction can't be good. Or cool. SU.

Back