GTP Cool Wall : 2010 Ford Taurus

2010 Taurus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

boiltheocean

Premium
Samoa
Samoa
.:2010 Ford Taurus suggested by YSSMAN:.

Pics
2010-ford-taurus-26.jpg

2010-ford-taurus-00100.jpg

Spec
Where Built: United States
EPA Class: Large Cars

Exterior
Length: 202.9 in.
Width: 76.2 in.
Height: 60.7 in.
Wheel Base: 112.9 in.

Interior
Front Head Room: 39 in.
Front Hip Room: 56.3 in.
Front Shoulder Room: 57.9 in.
Rear Head Room: 37.8 in.
Rear Shoulder Room: 56.9 in.
Rear Hip Room: 55.8 in.
Front Leg Room: 41.9 in.
Rear Leg Room: 38.1 in.
Luggage Capacity: 20.1 cu. ft.
Maximum Seating: 5

Performance
Base Number of Cylinders: 6 Base
Engine Size: 3.5 liters
Base Engine Type: V6
Horsepower: 263 hp
Max Horsepower: 6250 rpm
Torque: 249 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 4500 rpm
Maximum Towing Capacity: 1000 lbs.
Drive Type: FWD
Turning Circle: 39.7 ft.

Fuel Data
Fuel Tank Capacity: 19 gal.

Somewhere between the refrigerator and the freezer. This car is among the reasons Ford hasn't gone bankrupt yet.

and you just can't match the epicness of...

DID YOU SEE THAT TAURUS GO!?!?!?

It's a big, heavy, lumbering FWD saloon. Not seriously uncool, but definitely uncool. The car is meant to move people, not emotions.

Why would you not nominate the SHO version? This is just another sedan that looks like an electric shaver. Because we're also voting for cars that are truly amazing, i have to give this seriously uncool.

I might be a huge car nerd like YSSMAN, but I'm comfortable with my vote of subzero. The new SHO version, especially, is simply baller.

The normal Taurus, I give only a cool ranking, because it does look pretty cool, but it's still not a very good car. Shove in the SHO version, however, and the score goes straight into the DB9 fridge.

Who said they're not including the SHO?

Judging by the first post it's just the normal Taurus since we are looking at the 263hp one instead of the twin turbo 365hp one. Even then I don't know how cool it would be, probably more neutral than anything.

Let's use a Top Gear example here, if you are at a party and someone asks what you drive you'll say a Taurus. But then you have to explain it's the SHO version and people give you weird looks.

Subzero. Like Keef I am completely comfortable in my pick. If someone asks me what I drive I would simply say "S-H-O". :sly: In all seriousness the only Fords that are any cooler than this are the obvious Mustang and the Fusion. In the new trim the new 2010 Fusion GT developed by SVT will be absolutely brilliant. AWD, 6spd transmission and EcoBoost...how about did you see that Fusion go?

I have a feeling my family(mostly GM people) will hate me for saying Ford has the best looking cars out of the 3 American brands.

I wouldn't call the new run of the mill Taurus cool, but the new SHO is undoubtedly seriously subzero.

I voted sub-zero as well. I love big cars, and this will likely be the best one on the streets when it arrives later this year. Truthfully, this is only part two of Ford's big "Grand Slam 2009" season (Fusion --> Taurus --> Fiesta), but what a great shot. The looks are perfect, the interior appears to be bang-on with whats needed, and the drivetrain in any model seems perfectly acceptable in almost any situation. The only problem is going to be the Buick LaCrosse, but if we're talking SHO, fuhghedaboudit.

No, it may not be as exciting to drive as the new Fiesta Sport, but as a big point-and-shoot American muscle sedan redux, its absolutely perfect.

Sub-zero. Totally.

I voted Sub-Zero on the basis that we're including the SHO version.:)

Back