GTP Cool Wall: 2010 Porsche 911 GT2 RS (997)

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 24 comments

2010 Porsche 911 GT2 RS (997)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wiegert

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
2010 Porsche 911 GT2 RS (997) nominated by @lxmmy

car_photo_383560.jpg

Body Style:
2-door coupe
Engine: twin turbo 3.6L flat 6
Power: 611 hp
Torque: 516 lb-ft
Weight: 1368 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Rear-engine, rear wheel drive
porsche-997-gt2-rs-c715206052015125058_1.jpg
MG_5192.b.jpg
939612.jpg
porsche-911-GT2-RS-interior-view-2.jpg

In my opinion, when driving a modern GT/RS 911, you are basically announcing to the world that you are a massive prat.

Uncool.

I dunno. The GTS variants of the 991 and 981 are pretty nice, and even the normal GT3 isn't exactly shouty. They're all modern Porsches, but they don't look like they've had a run-in with a Pep Boys. With the black hood, this does.

Looks like a proper Widowmaker all murdered out, but the yellow highlights don't do it favours. In silver, my eye has always been drawn to the strange yellowish tinge of the rims. And oh lord, that interior.

I remember reading about how expensive it was for Porsche, because those seemingly small front arch extensions cost a lot in re-approval, since the turn signals are affected. It's always impressed me from a performance standpoint – it made more sense than the normal GT2, as an utterly bonkers 911 with performance a considerable step above the GT3's – but it's not cool.

Uncool it is.

I'd say it's pretty cool, even though it feels more like a fashion statement. Felt like Porsche wanted to make a quick buck with another special edition car by slapping the brand's most elusive badge on it, a badge that has never once been on a turbo 911. What I don't like is the unpainted carbon fiber hood and side vents, it just looks cheesy. But if I ever saw one of these at a track, where it should be, I would be in awe.

I voted cool.

I remember reading about how expensive it was for Porsche, because those seemingly small front arch extensions cost a lot in re-approval, since the turn signals are affected.
"A lot" in this context probably means that they only made $40,000 on each one instead of the ~$45,000 they would have if they didn't mess with the fenders.

Serious Uncool the fact Porsche are overrated and such. Sub-Zero the fact this car still looks good to this day, I'ma balance this out with a Cool.

It has everything that a Porsche enthusiast would want in a Modern Porsche 911. But if I were to have one, it should have the Magnus Walker trim.
magnus-walker-sharwerks-porsche-911-gt2.jpg

Cool to SZ.

SUBRC...

Wait, this stupidly painted car with a roll cage and seats made for 5-point racing harness is a road car.

Seriously Uncool because wannabe race car.

I think it takes a certain level of cool to go for the model that makes the least sense compared to 'lesser' models in the range. Low cool from me.

It's got 600bhp, rear wheel drive, a manual gearbox, GT3 spec suspension and retains all the amazing driving characteristics of the 996/997 era cars. What a machine.

Still as uncool as all 911's

The bonnet is extra gash!

Probably my favourite of all the relatively modern 911s. Sure as hell isn't cool though. Has all the race car paraphernalia to be deemed uncool to the average Joe, as well as "HEY LOOK AT ME" flared arches, vents and bare carbon. Not as garish as the GT3 RS' exuberant paint schemes, but still pretty bad.

Sorry but any car with a bare carbon bonnet is not cool.
This. I slotted it under Meh because I had the good fortune to drive--and actually push--an '09 GT2 (non-RS), and that was one spectacular experience; I could only expect more from one of these.

It would look fantastic if it had an all-colour body. That wouldn't change its image though.

Uncool

Back