Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
2013-2016 Ford Fiesta ST nominated by @AudiMan2011

ford-fiesta-st-road-test-15.jpg

Body Style:
3-door hatchback, 5-door hatchback
Engine: 1.6L turbocharged I4
Power: 178-197 hp (197-212 hp on overboost)
Torque: 177-214 ft-lbs
Weight: 1163-1182 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front-wheel drive
Additional Information: Based on the global Mk7 Fiesta, the ST was sold in it's traditional European market and for the first time in North America. Utilising Ford's Ecoboost technology, the ST faced a crowded hot hatch market against more powerful rivals such as the Renaultsport Clio and Peugeot 208 GTI. Despite making 178hp, an overboost feature would temporarily increase power to 197hp for up to 15 seconds. A limited edition ST200 was made available in 2016 with an increase in power to 197hp with 212hp available on overboost.​

fiestast_redfront-1.jpg
23495a858aee44ba8ac9ed2965794d47.jpg
2014-Ford-Fiesta-ST-rear-three-quarters1.jpg
fiesta-st-6.jpg

Meh

Never really been massively into the Fiesta ST, sure it's a very decent hot-hatch but it just doesn't win me over. Same story with the previous gen ST; mind you that suffers a bit of a chav image problem here in the UK, and this kind of does too it seems.

Beside's that, think Ford's Ecoboost tech is very neat (silly name aside), whether it's the clever 1L 3-cyclinder Turbo, or the equally brilliant 3.5 Twin Turbo V6 in the GT (which I'm glad is there instead of a generic V8, as it just works)

Last edited:
I've said it enough times, but if the 5-door would've been here in the UK from the start, I'd be driving one now.

I think they just scrape a cool, because the Fiesta is the UK's best selling car and that's gotta have a bearing.

There is something wrong with the styling, especially looking at it from the side. It feels too busy.

Also, it needs to lose 100kg at least. It is a Fiesta. Not a Focus.

I wish if they would brought the Fiesta ST along with the new Focus RS here in the middle east but oh well.

However as much as i want one, it's uncool for me.

I think the only one I've ever seen, in pictures or in person, that I liked is @SPhilli911's blue one.

Meh, I think I'd be fine with having one but I'd also have regrets about not getting something I like more instead.

These should be cool but Monster Energy drinks, flat brim hats, and fifteen52 wheels make these uncool. You aren't Ken Block and these aren't a GRC car.

Regardless though, they are a fantastic car to drive.

I was interested in getting one for a few years. I drive a base model Fiesta everyday, I quite enjoy it despite the powershift quirks. The car really comes close to that "just right" or "good enough" vibe with its performance/utility.

Like any hot hatch though, the kids ruin all the fun as far as coolness goes sadly.

I like the FIST, but that's not enough for it to be cool.

I think the only one I've ever seen, in pictures or in person, that I liked is @SPhilli911's blue one.
Thanks, I appreciate that!

While I do have one of these, I don't think it's cool. My reasons for buying one wasn't for the cool factor, it was for the price and fun to drive. With a name like "Fiesta" and the fact that my mom thinks it's "awwww so adorable", I have to say it is meh.

Last edited:
Uncool. It's a Fiesta. For the price you pay to buy one of these you could get something much more interesting and quicker.

I wish it had been the Zetec S though, I could have posted a multi-page rant about those bloody things.

Beside's that, think Ford's Ecoboost tech is very neat (silly name aside), whether it's the clever 1L 3-cyclinder Turbo, or the equally brilliantly 3.5 Twin Turbo V6 in the GT (which I'm glad is there instead of a generic V8, as it just works)
The best one is the EcoBoost carbureted pushrod V8 they use in NASCAR.

Last edited:
The best one is the EcoBoost carbureted pushrod V8 they use in NASCAR.

:P Very funny, although perhaps it more funny that Ford choose to advertise their Ecoboost tech in NASCAR when the engines they use don't adopt the technology. In fact their the complete opposite really. Although I know there's been talk for such changes to NASCAR's in the past.

In all seriousness I think the Ecoboost engines are very neat as far as engines go, and I really like the V6 in the GT, but I'm not a massive V8 person anyway (at least not Cross-Plane V8's).

Back