Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
2013+ Maserati Ghibli nominated by @AudiMan2011

maserati_ghibli-rt-20140228_0051.jpg

Body Style:
4-door sedan
Engine: 3.0L twin-turbocharged V6, 3.0L turbocharged V6 diesel
Power: 247-271 hp (diesel), 345-404 hp (petrol)
Torque: 369-420 ft-lbs
Weight: 1810-1870 kg
Transmission: 8-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear-wheel drive or front-engine, all-wheel drive
Additional Info: Maserati's rival to the BMW 5-Series sits on a shortened Quattroporte platform and is part of Maserati's plan to dramatically increase sales. The sportiest S variant gains a Q4 AWD system and it's twin turbo V6 petrol engine is assembled at Ferrari's Modena factory. The Ghibli is also the first ever Maserati to be offered with a diesel engine to appeal more to EU and UK buyers.​

2017-Maserati-Ghibli-Luxury-1280x808.jpg

2016_maserati_ghibli_sedan_s-q4_fq_oem_2_1280.jpg
09maseratighiblireview.jpg
zmaser-004.jpg
zmaser-005.jpg

I love Maserati's, but they're mainly driven by people with bad fake tans and unnaturally white teeth .

SU.

Unsually for Maserati for me, it doesn't grab my attention, like say..the Quattroporte did, and still does. But the Ghibli isn't that special or spectacular, certainly not ugly, but quite forgettable, almost like your average German Saloon in that sense. Mind, with the exception of the GranTurismo, Maserati as of late, have been pretty meh as a whole, even the current Quattroporte isn't quite the same, as for the rather horrid Levante...

As whole, the Ghibli gets a Meh from me.

Stupid name and driven by businessmen who worry more about talking on the phone than driving.

The car has nothing incredibly good about it. Maybe except for the sound but that's beside the point.

People buy these because saying you own a Maserati makes you sound cool.

If I wanted to buy a Maserati, I would buy a used Quattroporte or 3200/4200 Coupe.

For some reason I sort of like it so it is saved from the Seriously Uncool, But only just.

Genuinely confused at what's wrong with the car's name, given that it's straight out of the Maserati naming playbook and a name it's used for 50 years...

Oh I know, I just think it sounds ridiculous. Plus doesn't it mean "hot, dry, dusty wind" or something like that?

The name is much better than "four door". I really don't mind it, rather this than the bigger brother or even a stupid Levante. Cool.

True story, a Moroccan douche in a black one nearly ran my brother and I over while leaving an auto show.

Genuinely confused at what's wrong with the car's name, given that it's straight out of the Maserati naming playbook and a name it's used for 50 years...
I like the original Ghibli. They named one of the modern coupes "Ghibli"(I think a restyled Biturbo carried the name as well). Then, they just slap the name on a sedan. That is uncool.

The name is much better than "four door".

That's because everything automotive sounds better in Italian. Barchetta. Stradale. Scuderia. Quadrifoglio Verde.

That said, this has nothing on the previous-generation Q'porte, the one with the fabulous nat-asp V8. It had style in a way this Infiniti-looking thing could only dream of.

And it comes with a diesel. Uncool.

I don't usually care that a typically V8 vehicle was kicked down to a turbocharged V6 or a 6 to a 2.0l 4.

But a diesel Maserati is flat out uncool.

This is a Ghibli.

1024px-1967_Maserati_Ghibli_ORC3.jpg

This is also a Ghibli.

96_Ghibli_20V6.JPG

If Maserati want to re-use the Ghibli name, that's fine but it should be on a 2 door coupe, not a 4 door saloon. As they don't have an historical name for a 4 door, other than Quattroporte (surely they could have come up with something better than 4 door!) they should make up a new name (and a better one than Quattroporte.)

I hear Ghibli, and I think of the first one. If you have to explain that it's the 4 door saloon and not the coupe, then that's uncool. And it has made the original coupe Ghibli slightly less cool. That's uncool too.

Note: The original Ghibli is still sub zero, just slightly less so.

I was going to make a pun with the word "glibly", but then I saw the definition of "glib" and decided a pun wasn't necessary when the definition is so appropriate.

"Fluent but insincere and shallow"

Uncool.

Whenever I see a Maserati sedan coming towards me on the road, I always play a game of Quattroporte or Ghibli. Sometimes it's actually a QP and that's cool, but most of the time it's a Ghibli and I get a little disappointed, so uncool.

Whenever I see a Maserati sedan coming towards me on the road, I always play a game of Quattroporte or Ghibli. Sometimes it's actually a QP and that's cool, but most of the time it's a Ghibli and I get a little disappointed, so uncool.
I'm sure Maseratis are as common as Chevrolets in the Scottsdale area. Wish my area got more fancy cars.

I realize they're just pictures and that I'm not actually driving at the moment, and yet I still find myself gripping my imaginary wheel and resting above my imaginary brake pedal, just waiting to be cut off. Because if drivers of modern Maseratis have show a propensity to do anything, it's to cut other motorists off. SU.

This is such a hard one, I like the way they look and everything but all of the Maserati drivers I've encountered are like BMW drivers cranked to 11.

Just the fact that it's aiming for the type of person that would normally drive a 5-Series is enough to turn me off completely. I also really don't like those little lines that connect the headlights to the top of the grille. They're like the automotive version of crow's feet. Ess-You.

Latest Posts

Back