• Poll closed .
United States
Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
2013+ Mazda Axela/Mazda3 nominated by @Grandea GTR
maxresdefault.jpg

Engines:
1.5L I4, 2.0L I4 (Mazda PE-VPS), 2.5L I4 (Mazda PY-VPS), 2.0L Hybrid I4 (Mazda SKYACTIV-H), 2.2L Turbodiesel I4 (Mazda SH-VPTS)
Power: 1.5: 99-115 hp; PE-VPS: 155 hp; PY-VPS: 184 hp; SKYACTIV-H: 137 hp; SH-VPTS: 173 hp
Torque: 1.5: 111 lb-ft.; PE-VPS: 150 lb-ft.; PY-VPS: 185 lb-ft.; SH-VPTS: 310 lb-ft.
Weight: 1270-1450 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, front wheel drive/Front engine, four wheel drive
Body Styles: 4-door sedan, 5-door hatchback
Additional Info: "It is the third vehicle to sport Mazda's "KODO: Soul of Motion" design language, after the CX-5 and Mazda6."​
2014+Mazda+Axela+(1).jpg

gallery_01.jpg

interior_5th-row_img.jpg

hero_axela_top_sport.jpg

hero_axela_top_sedan.jpg

I really liked how the Mazda 6 turned out. Doesn't seem the same on the smaller platform car.

Meh.

Mazda 6? Pretty cool car, looks really nice especially in that red colour...

This one? Uhh...not so much...

But still a low cool for me...

Seriously uncool. I have no idea why this car gets so much love. I've driven them and think they are pretty average, so in most circumstances it would just be uncool but the weird fanboy obsession with it drops it down.

An ordinary car...

... made to drive very nicely indeed and look very nice indeed, for absolutely no reason. And without going for a stupid-ass small capacity turbocharged engine like everyone else.

Seriously uncool. I have no idea why this car gets so much love. I've driven them and think they are pretty average, so in most circumstances it would just be uncool but the weird fanboy obsession with it drops it down.

While I'd agree for the first-gen car, because:

Not a Focus.

This generation is one of the better ones out there. Great to steer. Nice seat-of-the-pants feel. And the cockpit-like feel of the interior, down to the incredibly simplified instrument cluster, bring it closer to the man maximum - machine minimum maxim.

The 3 doesn't wow you with power or lateral grip. It simply gets out of your way and lets you enjoy driving.

Still just a commuter car. And it's still not a Focus (though given the Focus' move from that wonderful hydraulic steering to an electric rack, the Focus is no longer a Focus, either. And it's a porker). But the styling and drive do lift it above ordinary "Meh-ness".

Cool.

Stylish, practical sedan in an affordable price range.

Really stands out among the rest of the beige cars around. Cool.

Slightly better than average Asian hatch for people who went to a Mazda/Kia (they're sold by the same dealer chain here) dealership and decided to get one over a slightly better than average Asian hatch with an apostrophe in its name.

It's a Mazda. It's almost gorgeous. It's got good stats for it's purpose and the styling has it's ups and downs. The only thing I'm skeptical about is Those white seats...
Cool

Shows other Japanese brands how to design a plesent car in the modern age, whilst everyone likes it for it's N/A Approach i feel like it would just be much better with some Turbo Petrols in the range.

In Australia atleast it can't be cool there is simply too many of them so meh it is.

Back