Body Style: 2-door coupe
Engine:
1.6L Turbo I4 (EP6CDTR)
Power: 266 hp
Torque: 243 lb-ft.
Weight: 1404 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, front wheel drive
Additional Info: "The high performance flagship of Peugeot's RCZ coupe (polled here) following the car's facelift in 2012. The engine is a tweaked variant of the 197hp version that is also found in the 208 GTI."​
2014-Peugeot-RCZ-R---Images-by-Jesse-Maricic---Micah-Gianneli-3_1347.jpg

Peugeot%2BRCZ%2BR%2B6.JPG

test-peugeot-rcz-r-1.jpg

Peugeot_RCZ_R_2014_501.jpg

You know, I find the normal RCZ to be quite a cool car. The first gen especially. But this is a bit too trinkety in the same vein as something like a Citroen DS3 Racing and that drags it down to the next threshold for me.

Uncool

Wasn't this polled just recently? Anyway, somehow Peugeot managed to take the front of the RCZ and mangle it even more. A car which is beautiful from every other angle ruined by a horrible corporate grill.

It looks decent in pictures, but I think it's hideous in real life.

And that weight.

As awkward as it may be, I think the facelift better suits the overall design of the RCZ. Whereas the earlier cars had the cleaner front styling which I'm more partial to. Although I did always find it a little dated compared to everything behind the front wheels by the time it went on sale.

The R? Uncool. Never saw much point in having anything sit higher than the THP 200. It was clearly aimed at taking on the previous TTS, but as a post-facelift with added tinsel it loses what made the original RCZ a cool alternative.

Wasn't this polled just recently?

The high performance flagship of Peugeot's RCZ coupe (polled here)

It's the only car I remember voting on before the CW hiatus.

Last edited:
The thing about the RCZ is that everything looks good from the rear end up to the A-pillar. But when you get to the front end, It's a hit-or-miss for people. Sorry, but it's a miss for me, I don't like that huge, gaping mouth. This facelifted one? Ugh. :yuck::indiff:

Uncool

Not the obvious choice, because it's not a TT. All the better for it.

While the front's fussy detailing isn't as pretty as the original car, it can't drag it down for me. I've always liked these, it's one of the modern cars I wish were sold on this side of the pond. Cool it is.

It certainly makes enough of a case for itself for me to prefer one over a TT. The new face is a bit iffy, but I wouldn't care when I'm hanging onto the coattails of an equivalent TTS on a fast B-road.

Cool.

Always quite liked these. A mate had one for a while, and it was really good to drive too.

Low cool.

The R? Uncool. Never saw much point in having anything sit higher than the THP 200. It was clearly aimed at taking on the previous TTS, but as a post-facelift with added tinsel it loses what made the original RCZ a cool alternative.
It's a much, much better car than the THP 200 though. Absolute blinder to drive. Comfortably better than the previous-gen TT.

And I've not driven the latest TTS, but my colleagues rate the Pug better than that, too.

None of which really has anything to do with whether it's cool or not.

But it is. Looks great on the road, suggests a buyer that's thought about what they've bought rather than automatically going for a Scirocco or TT, and it's the best drivers' Peugeot since the 205 GTi.

Low Cool from me, I really like the styling, and the power from that little I4 motor is pretty superb, would prefer it not to be FWD but the main issue I have with these is they are somehow so...damn...big. They always look to me like they should be 90% the size they actually are (something I feel when I see a GTR too)

Comfortably
Literally the least right word ever.

But the RCZ R is a performance car wrapped in a performance cloak. Obviously special but not aggressive or in your face about it. Basically the car equivalent of a jock who's not a nob about it.

If all the cars I've ever driven were lined up and I was told I could drive any again for an hour - licence no object - it'd be in the top five. And the only other car I can immediately think of to join it is the NSX.

Back