2014- Audi TT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey, USA
2014- Audi TT nominated by @GranTurNismo

Body Style:
2-door coupe, 2-door convertible
Engine: 1.8L turbocharged I4, 2.0L turbocharged I4, 2.0L turbodiesel I4, 2.5L turbocharged I5
Power: 181-394hp
Torque: 184-354 lb-ft
Weight: 1230-1425kg
Transmission: 6-speed DSG, 6-speed manual, 7-speed DSG
Drivetrain: front-engine, front-wheel drive, front-engine, all-wheel drive

Going to have to go Uncool on this one. I've always been fond of the TT, but that doesn't hide the fact that every generation of this car has looked rather bloated and awkward from certain angles. The base model TT and convertible get the "hairdresser's car" reputation, and the TT-RS, although intriguing, is completely overshadowed by its Porsche sibling.

The lower end models are increasingly bought as diesels :indiff: and when i see a TTS or TTRS i can't help but think, why didn't you buy a Caymen/Boxster?

Uncool.

The Audi TT has been around since the late 1990s, and I have never hated this car at all. I even remember the Audi TT models that raced in DTM. The old one C. Abt raced as well as the PlayStation 2 Audi TT DTM racers come to mind. As for my thoughts on this specific TT, very much cool.

For the average italian youth, the TT-RS is the equivalent to a mini R8, it's a dream car for many and I can understand that (that 5-cylinders engine is fantastic and I want the green one in the photos).
But I don't quite think so for the lesser models, not to mention that they're incredibly overpriced, so I don't really think this is quite cool, so meh.

The lower end models are increasingly bought as diesels :indiff: and when i see a TTS or TTRS i can't help but think, why didn't you buy a Caymen/Boxster?

Uncool.
I understand what you mean, but with how the Coxsters are sounding lately I'd much rather have the TT-RS. It's also a lot faster. If only it weren't as bland as most other modern Audis. Meh.

Uncool.
Three words: four-wheel drive. If the Cayman/Boxster could be had with 4WD then any performance version of the TT would be completely useless.

I'd probably go with Porsche. From the reviews it seems that Audi's steering feel is non-existent, so it would make for a better cruiser. At that point might as well get 2 extra doors and go for the RS3.

Last edited:
I vote for cool. My wife had an 01 TT with the 1.8l turbo VAG. That thing was a blast to drive around. I personally really like the looks of them as well. Good examples of the older models can be had at some pretty decent prices as well.

Back