Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
2014 Ford Performance Vehicles GT-F "351" nominated by @Murcie_LP640

image110420_b.jpg

Body Style: 4-door sedan
Engine: Ford "Miami" 5.0L Supercharged V8
Power: 471 hp (542 hp on overboost)
Torque: 420 lb-ft (~531 lb-ft on overboost)
Weight: 1828 kg
Transmission: 6-speed Tremec TR6060 manual, 6-speed ZF automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear wheel drive
Additional Info: The final hot Falcon to be developed by Prodrive-owned Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV) before the company's closure in late 2014, the GT-F is hotly debated by Australian enthusiasts from both Ford and Holden camps, and also created controversy surrounding its power figures.

Badged "351[kW]" as a homage to the classic Falcons that made names for themselves in Australian Touring Cars and on the famous Mount Panorama circuit, FPV admitted to GT Falcons equipped with the Coyote-based "Miami" supercharged V8 as "having more potential than the number suggests." An overboost feature brings its already-impressive power figure up to a potential 404kW (542hp), providing that conditions aren't too harsh. When dyno'd for motoring.com.au in July of 2014, the GT-F was actually producing more power to the wheels than its arguable main rival, the Holden Special Vehicles GTS (advertised at 430kW).

In other areas, the GT-F also scored the suspension, tyre and brake upgrades from the limited-edition GT R-Spec to handle the extra power along with a unique stripe livery while still containing the now-traditional FPV "raccoon eyes" on the front fascia, and a whole host of GT-F logos emblazoned over the body and interior just in case you didn't know this was the Final Falcon GT.
Ford-FPV-GT-F-09.jpg
GT-F-05.jpg

stock-photo-101239833.jpg
2014-FPV-GT-F-8.jpg

Take off the tacky wing and lose the stripe it would be a cool and nice looking performance sedan. But as it stands for me its a meh.

"Son, did I ever tell you about the time Gaw-ji-rra cheated the Sierra out of a win at Bathurst?"

Power figures and performance isn't bad at all, but this Ford is too done up. It's trying way too hard.

Uncool

Power is adequate, and I don't mind the stripes, but the black bits under the headlights need to go.

Meh.

Already selling for way above its RRP, and in the world of FPV no decal set is too tacky.

Unfortunately Ford fanbois are what ultimately make this car Uncool. Because FPV let this little thing about the overboost slip, the GT-F and subsequently all of the FPVs and the last FG X XR8 with this motor inevitably fall into the "dyno trap", where a wheel-kW figure is gospel.

:lol::lol::lol:

Tacky beyond belief... who would ever want to be seen driving one of these!

SU.

I agree, but I bet it's hilarious to drive too. It reminds me of when I tried a Monaro VXR 500. I was so conflicted - as much as I loved it, I still felt like a bit of an attention-seeking berk in it.

Back