2015-Honda-S660-roadster-JDM-spec-101-876x535.jpg

Body Style: 2-door roadster
Engine: Honda S07A Earth Dreams 0.66L 3-cylinder turbocharged
Power: 63 hp
Torque: 77 lb-ft
Weight: 830-850 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual, CVT
Drivetrain: Mid-engine, rear wheel drive
Additional Info: The successor to the Honda Beat Kei sports car of the 1990s, and uses the N-One platform and engine, albeit tweaked to fit in more with the S660's sporting nature. The S660 uses an aluminium-and-steel construction that is more rigid than the S2000 of last decade, and a mid-engine rear-drive layout like the previous Beat with a 45/55 front/rear weight distribution.​
s660-001-1.jpg
HONDA-S660-5412_10.jpg
honda-s660-kei-sportscar-is-a-baby-mclaren-with-lost-of-cool-details-photo-gallery_2.jpg
2016-honda-s660-11_1600x0w.jpg

Stays true to what it came from, and does so in a nice modern form. A light nimble car with enough to provide a little fun for those interested and still gets you from a to b probably better than those with boring sedans (but most people have the sedans for a reason this car cant fulfill). Either way it gets a cool for what it is and isn't trying to be anything else.

Machine minimum, monkeying around maximum.

Low cool, whether or not it drives like an electric wheelchair with three wheels.

I think it could use a bit more power because of the weight, but the idea is great.

Cool.

Not sure if this is 100% true, but I believe kei cars have a power limit.
It is, but Dennisch wasn't saying otherwise. If Honda committed to selling it outside Japan, they would almost certainly drop in one of the two Fit motors and call it a day; and all of the English reviews I've read for it have said that the chassis seems good enough to take it.

S660. Potential S1000. Neither will ever come close to matching the Beat here.

Still the easiest cool I've ever given to a brand new model.

I'm excited that Honda decided to build this at all. An exciting mid engine sports car? It's like the pre-bubble 1990s again. I just hope they build on this momentum and produce more sporty cars.

Cool.

Whoa, that looks really cool. And it's a full-fledged successor to the Honda Beat, being a mid-engined rear-drive Kei car, AND it carries on the namesake of the S2000. Count me in :D

Get a High Cool from me. 👍👍

Funky styling, cues to really fun Honda sports cars of the past and possibilities of an export model with a bigger engine?

Definitely Cool.

Low cool. Loses points because Honda made the same mistake of Ford in recent years: Making the front of all their cars look almost the same...

Low cool. Loses points because Honda made the same mistake of Ford in recent years: Making the front of all their cars look almost the same...
You mean like Mercedes? And Audi? And BMW? And Aston Martin? And nearly everyone else?

I'm pretty sure brand identity has sorta always been a thing. You know, the idea that you look at a car and can instantly say, "ah that's a BLANK."

You mean like Mercedes? And Audi? And BMW? And Aston Martin? And nearly everyone else?

I'm pretty sure brand identity has sorta always been a thing. You know, the idea that you look at a car and can instantly say, "ah that's a BLANK."

IMHO, all of their cars have the same front (Ford, Honda, and even Mazda a little bit with the CX5 & the Mazda 3 and 6), it's like they aren't even trying to make them a little bit different. Of course people is going to identify them as a Honda, Ford, but my point is that all their cars seem to have the same front without any distinctive differences.

On the other brands however, I see the differences from one model to another while having that brand identity.

MoLiEG
On the other brands however, I see the differences from one model to another while having that brand identity.

If you can tell such obvious differences between Mercedes-Benz's or Audi's sedan models aside from outright size I'd be quite amazed.

Less is sometimes more, but in this trim, it really seems like...less. Top has to be removed, not folded, to be stowed. Doesn't fit much of anything or anyone if you're over six feet or twenty pounds overweight. Probably an interesting weekend car for nudists or minimalist religious retreats.

Sell it for $8000, and I'd give it a weak cool at 63 hp. Otherwise, Meh.

As someone who may actually import a '91 Beat in a few years, I have to give this car a Subzero rating. If Honda brings over the S1000, then I would buy the crate engine and try to stick it in the old Beat :)

Back