Body Style: 2-door coupe
Engine:3.8L twin-turbo M838T E V8
Power: 570 hp
Torque: 443 lb-ft
Weight: 1451 kg
Transmission: 7-speed Graziano SSG Dual-Clutch automatic
Drivetrain: Mid-engine, rear-wheel drive
Additional Information:
As the first model in the McLaren Sports Series to go on sale, the 570S is positioned as the second cheapest product in the British sports car manufacturer's line-up, placed above the 540C. The 570S is powered by a revised form of the twin-turbo V8 engine used in the 650S and P1. With a greater focus on practicality compared to other models in the range, the 570S offers a wide range of interior upholstery options, improved visibility, a smoother gearbox and more comfortable driving position to aid day-to-day usability.
2016-mclaren-570s-inline1-photo-663016-s-original.jpg

25-2016-mclaren-570s-fd-1.jpg

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2F2017-mclaren-570s%2Fmclaren-570s-05.jpg

mclaren-570s-interior.jpg

Not exactly stunning compared to the 650S plus there's other supercars that will do the whole usable supercar thing much better.

Meh.

Would not be my first, second or third choice McLaren. So Meh

I have a feeling that the 570s will end up like the 458's and soon 488's. "Oh look. A super car."

But I'm still putting it at cool.

First time you see it you'll freak out, then you see him park it next to the other 570s'.

Well to be fair, that's kind of what happens when you make a supercar affordable for slightly more than the 1-percenters.

The VAG had that with the Gallardo and R8. They weren't overly expensive for supercars and as such they were quite popular.

I have a feeling that the 570s will end up like the 458's and soon 488's. "Oh look. A super car."

Don't forget the F430 and California. They are the Ferraris you buy just to say you own a Ferrari.

I think i'd choose a 570GT over the S the increase in practicality just edges it and i'd guess that they'll be a harder core version of the 570 at some point soon that will make this one a bit irrelevant. But cars of this ilk are never cool. Uncool.

I've said before that supercars should offer some practicality, and this one does. I just don't click with this car. Meh.

The problem I have with Mclaren is all the cars are designed the same with very similar body's and layouts with the more extreme versions having more added things, but as you go lower it just looks like a cost comprise rather then being it's own car.

It's a cool for me. But not any higher because it's a little pupper compared to it's bigger sister.

Meh. I like it, but I like the 650S better. Also, I've seen one of these on the road. But one day, I saw like three 650Ss.

Dan
Don't forget the F430 and California. They are the Ferraris you buy just to say you own a Ferrari.

The Cali maybe, but not the 430.

As for the 570, I think it's the most expressive non-P1 yet. I find the 12 series cars totally bland. As far as cool goes, McLaren will never be cool. Their endless iteration to trump Ferrari is trying way too hard to be cool.

Strangely goofy profile around the front. A car that should easily be "cool" but which is sold with just a little too much "science" and a smug sense of slide-rule-driven perfectionism. Meh.

Back