Weight: 997 kg
Transmission: 5-speed dog-ring manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front wheel drive​

141202_abarth_695-biposto_04.jpg
Abarth~695~Biposto~(6).JPG
141202_abarth_695-biposto_53.jpg

abarth_695_biposto_2014_46bff-1200-800.jpg

Last edited:
I voted uncool before looking at the extra images. Then I noticed the harnesses, door pulls, part cage and helmet slings. SU.

Not sure what to do, so I went meh, I understand why someone might not find it cool, but in the world of ever growing road going track cars from the factory this isn't so bad.

I want a faster Abarth 500 but I want it to be worse than the standard car.

Uncool.

"Hi, we've taken this city car and stripped out nearly all of its everyday usefulness. We're also going to charge you double what a basic Abarth 595 costs... and that's before you select the £8500 gearbox option, which is roughly what you can pick up an 18-month old Fiat 500 for."

A tiny little ball of aggression that's almost surely a hoot to drive, but comically uncool.

Bit torn on this one, I kinda want to like it and quite like how it looks. It's a bit mad and pretty light by modern standards I guess, but cute and aggressive just don't really mix well and it's hard to see the target audience for this. I guess what I am trying to say is "Meh".

It would make for quite the sleeper as a track toy, but as a normal road car too much explaining will be needed.

High uncool.

Overcooked Abarth. Overpriced Fiat.

"But it clearly isn't a Fiat!", cries one owner.

Uncoolness ensues.

The novelty of a small Italian city car turned into a track car wore off right about when they made it into a Mini-Me 430 Scuderia.

Uncool.

Do not care for Fiat 500s in the slightest.

The tacky "performance" version isn't likely to make me like it either.

Seriously Uncool.

I like the Abarth 500 and this makes a lot of improvements over the regular models but the Price combined with the fact that it is still a seriously flawed little car and way off the pace of the likes of the Fiesta ST, I have to give it an Uncool rating.

One of those expensive sports trainers you don't want to get dirty or scuffed because you paid so much money for it.

Get in this car with a 6 point harness with your date at literally any public place. How cool could you possibly think you look when you struggle to even get in the seat because you both dressed nice for a romantic evening instead of in a way necessary to sit in one of those seats.

There is a slightly more road-focused "Record" edition for people who don't want the pseudo-racing paraphernalia.
barth-005.jpg

abarth_695_biposto_record_6.jpeg

I sat in one at Ignition earlier this year and it was not nice with those hard carbon seats.

I usually find fast superminis cool, but when they become so hardcore to a point you need a race harness to drive one; it becomes uncool. Anyone will look ridiculous when trying to put on that racing harness anywhere they are. I know that I wouldn't feel cool for doing that, plus someone will notice the racing harness and ask why that it's in a Fiat. You would have to explain it.

So yeah, it's just uncool.

The coolest 500 is one in a luxury spec, with some chrome and a little dolce vita. This is none of that.

SU.

Back