Transmission: 6-speed manual, 7-speed dual-clutch transmission
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear-wheel drive​

bmw-m2.jpg
bmw-m2-coupe_side-100645050-orig.jpg
007e77d20eb651e1ab19d016e022fac8.jpg
bmw-m2-m2-S2556269-4.jpg
2016-BMW-M2-Coupe-interior-view.jpg

Last edited:
Meh. The exterior is unappealing for a BMW, but the performance numbers are quite good. It seems like it would be fun to drive, especially with TCS disabled.

Has less of the tosser image that the M3/4 has, and also looks like a hell of a riot to drive.

Low Cool.

The 2-series is the only modern BMW I care about, but I'm not sure this is cool. The 228i is cool.

While I don't doubt its capabilities as what is pretty much the best driving BMW on sale at the moment, I don't particularly think it's cool.

They seem to have decided that just panel beating extra creases everywhere into the side profile, the bonnet, the front bumper and then topping it off with a backside that just looks like a squished X6M signifies aggression (it looks, as @Tornado says, like a tacked on body kit). Mind you they did the same sort of thing on the 1M but I feel like those styling details worked a lot better on the short but fat E82.

The only M-car I would currently consider as the others get far more exposure as being driven by complete tools. Proportions and size are just enough to tip it from a meh to a cool for me.

I don't judge car owners I haven't met before, so this gets a cool from me because it's the closest thing to a modern 2002 you'll get.

I think it's cool, despite the negative image of it's drivers. I also don't believe that it's the M car that people settle for if they can't afford the M3/M4. It may just simply be the better car to chose from, cheaper or not.

Cool because it represents what a BMW M car really should be about.

The BMW M car for the tossers who can't afford an M3/4 or want "to be different" than those guys.

Uncool.

A great many feel the M2 is worth considering over the M3/4 regardless of budget if one prefers a more direct, raw driver experience.

The word "tosser" is being tossed around quite a bit in here :lol:

One of a few new BMWs I'd consider. It seems like a modern version of the E36 M3, and I'd probably want to jump through all the hoops to get a custom in Daytona Violet because that is the best color.

Probably one of the best M cars for sale nowadays. But I can't see people buying this over a M3 unless: they're 20 year olds, like me, that don't care a single bit about being sensible and have lots of money or petrolheads that want something fun to drive around and rarely carry anyone with them. On that reason alone, this car can't be cool. And I would take the 1M over this.

Back