Body Style:
4-door sedan
Engine: 1.6L turbocharged I4
Power: 201hp
Torque: 195 lb-ft
Weight: 1350kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual, 7-speed dual-clutch
Drivetrain: front-engine, front-wheel drive

Solid meh. It's decently sporty and quite a step up from any Elantra ten years ago, but quite forgettable. I'd much rather have an Elantra GT instead, or of course my own car, a Veloster.

I kinda like it but I don't feel like I should vote higher than meh. Also I can't decide whether I prefer the pre or post-facelift versions. The pre-facelift one is probably more traditionally nice, but I kinda like how the facelifted front end is more experimental.

Very meh, because Compact cars weigh that much more 200hp isn't much these days and this is probably the worst car with this engine as I would much rather the I30/Cerato/Forte/Veloster/Pro Ceed.

Seriously uncool. It might be a sport but I still only see them filled with elderly wobbly-heads trundling up the coast road.

EDIT: I tell a lie, must be another Hyundai Sport that some local salesman's pushing to the oldies... what's the UK equivalent?

EDIT: I tell a lie, must be another Hyundai Sport that some local salesman's pushing to the oldies... what's the UK equivalent?

Closest I can think of is the i30 Fastback N-Line, but the most powerful variant has a 60hp deficit compared to the Elantra.

The Audi for poor people. Uncool.
Honestly, around me, for the price of that new, I could have a really good used Audi with around 20k miles. I'd take a used Audi over a new Hyundai (excluding the Genesis line up).

Latest Posts

Back