United States
Poll 1286: 2017- Hyundai i30 N nominated by @MisterWaffles
all-new-hyundai-i30-fastback-n-12-jpg.954982

Body Styles: 5-Door Hatch, 4-Door Fastback
Engine: 2-Litre T-GDI Inline-4
Power: 271 hp
Weight: 1,306 kg
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
Additional Info: Hyundai's answer to the Volkswagen Golf GTi and other related competition. launched in 2017, the Hyundai i30 N is based on the standard i30 compact hatchback (known as Elantra GT in North America). Only sold in Europe and offered in either hatchback or fastback body styles. Not sold in North America, however the Veloster N is offered in this market and is not available in Europe. The car was released to a generally positive reception by European critics, with most regarding it as a decent first attempt from the "N" sub-brand.
hyundai-i30-n-18.jpg

hyundai-i30n-r3q-800x450.jpg

hyundai-i30-n-performance-fastback.jpg

This is very high on my list of "cars I won't ever get to drive but really want to".

It's astounding what Hyundai and Kia have managed to do within the last decade. Going from cheap disposable cars to models that can keep up in the luxury department (Genesis) or be a solid rival of other manufacturer's sports sub-brands (N). I wax lyrical about how much I love newer Hyundai models every time one of them comes up, and this is no exception.

Last edited:
A properly done hot hatch is always Cool, and frankly I'd much rather have this than the "Hello, fellow children!" Veloster.

Without a doubt one of the best looking hot hatches, but that simply isn't a "cool" segment. Having a normal amount of doors saves it from SU.

I really like it, and I'm a sucker for that red trim on hot hatches.
I don't know if it's that cool though so a high meh

I'll be generous and give it a cool. I just wish we had this here, but I'm guessing sales wouldn't differ much to the Veloster N.

I'll be generous and give it a cool. I just wish we had this here, but I'm guessing sales wouldn't differ much to the Veloster N.
In a world that makes sense we wouldn't have the Veloster N at all and we would get the i30 N in the States instead (would be badged as Elantra GT N probably). Veloster sales are terrible in the US, only 14k were sold in all of 2019 (mind you, that was the first year of the new generation) while Elantra GTs sell pretty well by hatchback standards. To put it perspective, when I went to buy my Veloster last year, there were only two Velosters on the entire lot (one Premium and one Turbo R-Spec), though at least a two dozen Elantra GTs, and my salesman claimed that Velosters are by far the hardest to sell out of anything on the lineup and even tried me to convince to go for an Elantra GT instead.

Last edited:
Back