4-door sedan, 5-door wagon
Engine: 4.0L twin turbocharged V8
Power: 563-612 hp
Torque: 553-627 ft-lbs
Weight: 1955-2070 kg
Transmission: 9-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, all-wheel drive
Additional Information:
AMG's newest E-Class gains AWD across the board and an uprated version of the GT's twin turbo V8 engine. The E63 S also comes equipped with a "Drift Mode" which completely disconnects power from the front axle and makes the car completely rear-wheel-drive.​

dscn0886.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
2018-Mercedes-Benz-AMG-E63-S-Wagon-00.jpg
1485993730-16c947-15.jpg
imagesvc.timeincapp.com.jpg
Mercedes-AMG-takes-the-wraps-off-E63-complete-with-Drift-Mode-18.jpg

Again, I know this is meant for luxury, but it clearly have a drift mode so, the no manual option definitely killed the Sub-Zero vote. But oh man, 4.0L TT V8, ung.

Though, not many cars I know that have a 9-gear automatic so, if I've been under a cave or not, this might be one of the first. I'll be nice to give it a High Cool.

I'm sure the HD screen costs more than the highest end 12k TV, but there's no class to the interior. If you're not buying a Bentley, Rolls or Maybach, you're buying a Mercedes. Disappointed. Meh.

Modern AMG Merc's have become a "much of a muchness" personally, nothing really special about them. And the E63 is much the same, it's a rather vulgar, relatively ugly big heavy V8 super-saloon at the end of the day.

So a solid uncool it is.

Meh from me, I'm liking the way MB's styling is going nowadays, much less bland on the whole, but this thing is just a bit of a lump. I'm not sure exactly what it wants to be, or why it needs to weigh two tonnes.

Personally, I'd probably choose the C63 over this.

But you can't help but admire the bonkers performance this car possesses. Not to mention the finish is second to none.

Not Sub-Zero, but not Meh either.

I hope you’re aware that most high powered cars don’t have manuals anymore
I'm not so sure he is. I've seen him say stuff like this in Cool Wall threads involving other new, high-speed, automatic cars.

Back