GTP Cool Wall: 2017+ Toyota Camry (XV70)

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 16 comments

2017+ Toyota Camry (XV70)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wiegert

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
2017+ Toyota Camry (XV70) nominated by @ToyGTone

2018-Toyota-Camry-Hybrid-SE-front-three-quarter.jpg

Body Style: 4-door saloon
Engine: I4 A25A-FKS / V6 2GR-FKS / I4 Hybrid A25A-FXS
Power: 203 hp (I4) / 301 hp (V6) / 176 hp (Hybrid)
Torque: 184 lb-ft (I4) / 267 lb-ft (V6) / 163 lb-ft (Hybrid)
Weight: 1470 kg (I4) / 1620 kg (V6) / 1609 kg (Hybrid)
Transmission: 8-speed automatic / ECVT (Hybrid)
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front-wheel drive​

2018_toyota_camry_sedan_xle_fq_oem_2_1280.jpg

2018-Toyota-Camry-SE-rear-three-quarter-03.jpg

2018-Toyota-Camry-XSE-cabin-02.jpg

2017-Toyota-Camry-instrument-cluster-01.jpg

2018-Toyota-Camry-.JPG

2018-Toyota-Camry-102-2.jpg

Every proportion is almost exactly wrong, in white it looks like a particularly ugly air conditioner, and it's a Camry. How did this even get nominated?

Seriously uncool.

It's almost a Lexus!

Didn't look overly terrible until i saw thr white one in the spoiler. Same **** the made the slightly meh looking GT86 look eww.

Uncool, they actually tried to stylize it out of the boring it was from last gen and even worse before that. These cars aren't made to be particularity cool so much as accurate to a certain set routine of A to B.

Though taking a Lexus front clip and then putting a a triangular almost Nissan bit where on a lexus there would be none, is lazy. That front grill and clip is obvious when you look past it.

Ugly and boring. Also in my experience Camry drivers are among the most clueless on the road.

SU of course.

One thing I want to know is, is anyone going to actually buy a Camry in bright blue or red, let alone the sporty XSE trim? Almost all new Camrys I pass on the road are low-trim models in boring colors like grey, white, or black.

One thing I want to know is, is anyone going to actually buy a Camry in bright blue or red, let alone the sporty XSE trim? Almost all new Camrys I pass on the road are low-trim models in boring colors like grey, white, or black.
That's most new cars though unfortunately... mine included. I miss my old metallic blue flake one, but I needed something to carry more people, be good on gas and it was $10k (clearance) and the only one left on the lot.

Makes me look twice at it simply by the principle that it's a brand new model. In less than a year, it will fade into everyday traffic obscurity for me.

Meh.

Looks pretty good at some angles, like the white one in the last spoiler pic but pretty bad at just as many angles.

The 300 hp option is cool but I can't imagine it being a performer being FWD and the weight that it is.

Gonna go with Uncool and a Half

Back