2-door coupe
Engine: 5.2L twin-turbocharged V12
Power: 715hp
Torque: 664 lb-ft
Weight: 1693kg
Transmission: 8-speed automatic
Drivetrain: front-engine, rear-wheel drive

Last edited:
It's far too flashy and in-your-face for an Aston; all the elegance and style of the normal DB11 has been eschewed in the name of sportiness. It also seems to suffer from Overly Large Grille Syndrome, a disease that seems to plague more and more new cars, of all classes. Though it still looks quite tame next to a 720s or Aventador SVJ, I will add.

Solid uncool.

maxresdefault.jpg

Uncool. I love everything about this car, but I cannot get over that grille.

Don't mind this car, looks better then every other Aston for sale at Current which end up looking like a classic Aston on Acid, this atleast looks to be trying something different and looks proportional.

Cool.

Too flashy for an Aston in my opinion, but the V12 is barely enough to get a cool vote for me.

If it wasn't so flashy and was just a bit more subtle and elegant it would be a SZ, but in it's current form it is still a solid Cool.

Absolute sight to behold in person. I honestly dont see it as too flashy at all, not sure why.

The weight in the OP is my mistake, which I just realized. 1693kg is the correct figure, not 1795kg. I always source my specifications for Cool Wall threads from the Automobile Catalog, which lists both the dry weight and kerb weight. The kerb weight figure said 1795kg and the dry weight figure said 1693kg, and somehow I accidentally listed the kerb weight instead.

Still, it's quite heavy.

The interior pic in the OP is a bit of an eyesore, but overall it's still a cool car to me.

Despite some niggles in its front fascia, I still believe that its exterior design is miles better than the model it succeeds, especially the shape of the headlamps which look lovely. Cool.

The weight in the OP is my mistake, which I just realized. 1693kg is the correct figure, not 1795kg. I always source my specifications for Cool Wall threads from the Automobile Catalog, which lists both the dry weight and kerb weight. The kerb weight figure said 1795kg and the dry weight figure said 1693kg, and somehow I accidentally listed the kerb weight instead.

Still, it's quite heavy.

why would you bother using ‘dry’ weight. It the most pointless measurement ever invented (invented by marketing departments when they realised how heavy cars were becoming) A car doesn’t even leave the factory ‘dry’ certainly not under its own steam. In fact I doubt a complete vehicle is ever ‘dry’ at any point. It’s probably full of oil, coolant and other fluids before it’s wheels are even fitted. Might as well quote it’s wheel-less weight for all the relevance it holds.

Sorry. Not a rant at you :)

why would you bother using ‘dry’ weight. It the most pointless measurement ever invented (invented by marketing departments when they realised how heavy cars were becoming) A car doesn’t even leave the factory ‘dry’ certainly not under its own steam. In fact I doubt a complete vehicle is ever ‘dry’ at any point. It’s probably full of oil, coolant and other fluids before it’s wheels are even fitted. Might as well quote it’s wheel-less weight for all the relevance it holds.

Sorry. Not a rant at you :)
The reason i see it existing is because "wet" weight changes from day to day, where as "dry" will always be the factory specification.

Yep, thats an Aston for ya... How much lighter did you really expect it would be?

My brother-in-law has a DB11 (V12 in Aluro Green). It's a very, very nice car (as it should be for £170k) - effortlessly fast, comfortable, mostly well put together and handles decently enough. However, it's very much a GT rather than a sports car.

I have no fundamental issue with the DBS, other than the use of the iconic name 'superleggera'... which I'm sure everyone knows, means super light... no one in their right mind would call a car weighing 1,800kg super light!

On the Wiki page it says: A new quad-pipe titanium exhaust system ensures improved engine sound while the usage of carbon fibre in major areas of the car lowers the weight down to 1,693 kg (3,732 lb).

Other sites also say the weight is 1693kg.
https://www.guideautoweb.com/en/makes/aston-martin/dbs-superleggera/2019/specifications/base/

Thats 200kg Lighter then the DB11 V12, not that bad imo.

According to the site @GranTurNismo uses to get stats, the DBS SL is only c.80kg lighter than a V12 DB11 coupe (wet)... which match Astons claims.

Lovely car. But Inappropriately named :)

Back