GTP Cool Wall: 2018- Aznom Atulux

2018- Aznom Atulux

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A brand new, nearly $300,000 ultra-luxury, AWD Italian sedan. Sounds promising right?

...until you realize it's just a re-skinned Ram 1500. Seriously? What on earth is the point of such a vehicle?

Joke nomination or not, the Atulux deserves no other vote than Seriously Uncool.

Holy hell, I've been waiting for this. This car is very uncool, seriously so. There are so, so many things they could have done to make this car not so stupid. Hell, if they pulled it off right it could easily be an SZ, maybe not for looks, but just for sheer eccentricity. For example, this car makes me think of one of my favorite cars of all time, the Mohs Ostentatienne Opera Sedan (See my profile pic). Both are super-luxury cars built on the platforms of pickup trucks (The Mohs was built on an International-Harvester). Both cars are quite large and ungainly, and honestly both cars have no reason to exist. So why is the Mohs one of my favorite cars ever, and this thing is not? To put it bluntly, the designers of this didn't try at all. Not one bit. The worst thing about this car is the front end. Why did they leave it the same as the regular RAM? A bespoke front end could have saved this from just looking like a 10-year-old truck with a tumor. Everything on the Mohs was designed with care by a crazy, crazy man! This thing was not designed at all! Seriously uncool, the first one I've given, IIRC.

I think we all know where this one's going.

It's like a reverse ute. The idea of turning a big pickup into a luxury sedan isn't a bad idea on paper but this just looks like they stopped short of turning the Ram into an SUV, which would actually make sense.

I find it quite intriguing that a company decided to choose a Dodge pickup truck to make into an ultra luxury sedan, and it's good that most of the mechanical parts underneath were kept from the RAM, so it should still be fairly practical and reliable.
In the end though, all of the changes made were so tacky and or pointless that what was once a cool and productive truck that could be made to be quite luxurious with options from the factory is turned into an uncool and obnoxious "car" that is way too overpriced for what is offered.
Uncool for me.

Bobby B, what say you about this?

cBGvMok.gif

If I could vote lower than seriously uncool, I would.

I....actually kinda like it. It's beyond seriously uncool, but I dig it for some weird reason.

I think it's because that horrendously gaudy interior speaks to my somewhat questionable sense of fashion.

That's quite a price hike for some exclusivity and luxury. Modern RAM interiors are pretty nice as is. Not sure who would be buying this?

That rear end just looks like the engineers messed up the proportions but decided to build and sell it anyways.

SU

I could pull up next to this in an AMC Eagle and be cooler than this thing. Good, it has a V8. Floor it straight into a lake.

Was reviewing the recent Cool Wall results and apparently, this vehicle is so uncool that no one even dared to vote Sub Zero as a joke!

Back