• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
United States
Poll 1269: 2018- Kia Stinger nominated by Snikle
2020-kia-stinger-gt-awd-blue_o.jpg

Body Style: 4dr liftback sedan
Engine: 2.0L Theta II turbo I4, 2.2L diesel I4, 3.3L Lambda II TT V6
Power: 199hp (diesel I4), 252hp (turbo I4), 365hp (TT V6)
Torque: 325 lb-ft (diesel I4), 260 lb-ft (turbo I4), 376 lb-ft (TT V6)
Weight: 1638-1913 kg
Transmission: 8-speed auto
Drivetrain: FR
2018_kia_stinger_sedan_gt2_fq_oem_10_1600.jpg

2020-kia-stinger-gts-11.jpg

BT_20180105_KIA5_3249762.jpg

1bb7c82e56094d4893840f6d313c5a25_1200x674.jpg

Cool for sure, glad they made it and I feel happy whenever I see one. Wish it were more successful, but the fact that it exists at all is cool enough. Surprised no one nominated it yet.

Sub-zero. That's easily the nicest car Kia has made to date, and probably the best car ever to come out of South Korea simultaneously. The Stinger easily shows how far Kia has risen above their past image of disposable, crappy economy cars. In general, it's a much classier alternative to the Dodge Charger, and I'm just surprised Kia had the balls to make an enthusiast's car in the first place at a time when everyone else is shying away from the idea.

Cool simply because it is one of the few affordable RWD sedans that still are around.

It is also one of the best looking cars on sale.

Given that everything else in this car's category is either immensely stale or trying too hard to present luxury credentials it doesn't deserve, it's really quite refreshing to see the Stinger not trying to hide what it is at its core; a car for the increasingly rare person who still likes driving. I have a feeling that in a few years this one will be starting to appear on those "Top 10 Underrated Cars" lists and be much more sought after as the push to Hybrid All The Things™ continues to gain momentum. Definite Cool for me.

(It would be an SZ, but no manual? Not even as an expensive option? C'moooooon.)

Low cool. Its definitely a stand out weighed next to other Kia's. A good looking car for its segment as well. Would give it a high cool if it also came with a manual transmission.

Latest Posts

Back