2018- McLaren 600LT nominated by @FT-1

Body Style: 2-door coupe, 2-door convertible
Engine: 3.8L twin-turbocharged V8
Power: 591hp
Torque: 457 lb-ft
Weight: 1355-1400kg
Transmission: 7-speed dual-clutch
Drivetrain: mid-engine, rear-wheel drive

Gets bonus points for being one of the tamer McLarens offered, even though it really isn't that tame. Though slower, it's certainly cooler than a P1, Senna, 650S, or Speedtail. That being said, it's still a modern "hypercar", and those are almost never cool. Uncool.

There's one of these running around in Orlando (or at least somewhere in Orange County) that I see every time I go through it. It's bright green, and looks miles better in that color than it has any right to.

Normally, nerdy, flashy supercars are uncool, but this thing has enough natural charm to just bump it up to a very low cool for me.

Last edited:
McLaren makes too many bloody cars that are too similar for any of them to really stand out as cool. Probably not since the 675LT.

As much as the car is impressive, and I'm sure it's a hoot to drive, it is uncool.

Meh, it's another McLaren, nothing special
That purple one looks terrific though

Last edited:
Followed one on a wet motorway yesterday in bright orange. It was cool to see, and I expect most people would think it is cool on their dreary morning commute, too.

Cool.

This is like GT3 RS level right?

The car it self actually wears it's parts pretty well and I like the carbon attachments.

Cool.

Why did McLaren feel the need to give their “softer” more road-friendly model the riceboi treatment? This car doesn't feel special at all when the 675LT renders this one redundant.

So they were aiming for a hardcore track toy, that’s... ...less hardcore than the hardcore track toy?

Seriously Uncool. The base MP4 is miles better than the thousands of new McLaren models.

(Also a gross misuse of the Longtail nomenclature)

McLaren makes too many bloody cars that are too similar for any of them to really stand out as cool. Probably not since the 675LT.
I think this is a consequence of the naming more than anything. Many of them are effectively the same car and there are two distinct "models" in their line up, but there's too many variants to keep track of to really think anything of them.

There is a bit of a samey design language going on, but I think it's a bit more noticeable in their older lineup (570, 650, P1) than the current one.

As bad as the DBS 'superleggera' in the misnaming stakes.

And just like an Aston, a great way to lose an enormous pile money in a very short period of time.

Latest Posts

Back