GTP Cool Wall: 2019- Chevrolet Blazer

2019- Chevrolet Blazer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey, USA
SUv. Like many new cars in this segment, it lacks any real identity and looks and feels like a mashup of every other crossover. Frankly, it looks like a generic Chinese crossover with a Chevy badge tacked onto it. The blue-collar, utilitarian Blazer that preceded it is much less awful.

Seriously Uncool almost solely due to the God-awful, super-tryhard ad campaign that GM put this car through.

That, and the vehicle itself is generally unremarkable. The Camaro-esqe front bumper kinda works, though.

I haven't seen literally any ads or anything for this SUV. I literally just randomly saw it at a Chevy dealership driving home from work.

I think it's funny they made an SUV Camaro.

Another boring crossover, I'm not really feeling the Camaro connection in any way.

As an aside... there seem to be a large number of meh-ish GTPCW nominations at the moment, is it in danger of having the arse beaten out of it?

Like... how many? What's your estimate?

It was an entirely unscientific observation but casting my eye across the front page of Cars in General suggests 12 polls in the last week or so. Just feels like a lot although I'd be happy to be the first to point out that it really has nothing to do with me :)

It was an entirely unscientific observation but casting my eye across the front page of Cars in General suggests 12 polls in the last week or so. Just feels like a lot although I'd be happy to be the first to point out that it really has nothing to do with me :)
Yeah, seems like it. No wonder it's felt or cannot be overlooked by many of us who follow this subforum. :lol:👍

I can imagine this being a good car, but it's so lame that even with the Blazer name attached to it, it still is seriously Uncool.

Even though I drive an explorer, I really don't like this segment of vehicles. Id call it big Bertha, but then i feel like im fat shaming a car. Is it appropriate to call these SUVs at this point? Shouldn't that be a full cabin body on a truck frame? And fwd just shouldn't be an option on a vehicle this large. Not for any sold in a place that gets any amount of snow for sure.
All that said... I do really enjoy driving my Explorer. I've seen the Blazer a lot on the streets now and while it's going to get a meh from me, i do think GM has done a lot to make their cars at least a lot less bland looking than they have in the past couple of decades.

Seriously uncool. The new "Blazer" is nothing more than a slightly lifted car and a disgrace to the nameplate. This is a real Blazer:

chevrolet_k5_blazer_7_012600000d100903.jpg

Back