2019- Jeep Gladiator nominated by @MOPARbarrett5

Body Style: 4-door pickup truck
Engine: 3.6L V6
Power: 285hp
Torque: 260 lb-ft
Weight: 2110-2300kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual, 8-speed automatic
Drivetrain: front-engine, all-wheel drive

A Wrangler pickup seems fascinating enough, but at the end of the day it's a pretty unnecessary vehicle. It's a little overpriced for what it is. Plus, just like the new Wrangler, these will probably sell like hotcakes (the only cars keeping FCA afloat at the moment), and most will never touch a surface other than pavement or the occasional gravel parking lot.

Uncool.

Too boxy for today's era.

uncool.jpg

If anything, today's era actually needs more boxy cars; everything put out now seems increasingly curvier, and blobbier as well. But the question is though, is boxy cool?
Yes, but not to the point where it would look industrial in some way, though this is just my own perspective, huh. IDK with you.

They finally did it. I mostly like the way it looks, but a single-cab version would probably look much better. I'll give it a cool.

Wranglers are sub-zero according to me, there should be a truck variant for the Wrangler according to many people, so from that I say that the Gladiator is also SZ... though I agree it needs a V8.

Probably the least flashy new American truck out there. I like the idea of it, will be interesting to see how it stacks up against the competition in the long run.

Sheer functionality saves it from being seriously uncool

The fact that that functionality will likely be squandered by a majority of owners stops it from being cool

Just think, there's someone (many) out there who's going to spend $50,000 on a Rubicon one of these only to install an angry eyes grill, 12,000 LED light bars, and a stick that says "It's a Jeep Thing". So that'll be an uncool from me.

Just think, there's someone (many) out there who's going to spend $50,000 on a Rubicon one of these only to install an angry eyes grill, 12,000 LED light bars, and a stick that says "It's a Jeep Thing". So that'll be an uncool from me.

Don't knock them for their creativity, especially when they black it out and lift it. :grumpy:

Don't knock them for their creativity, especially when they black it out and lift it. :grumpy:

And also put huge rims and tires on it and wonder why their alignment and ride quality has suddenly gone down the drain.

At least, that seems to be the "norm" where I live.

Not my type of vehicle but still, it is a cool thing.

It looks rather long, doesn't it?

I remember seeing one of these in top-trim spec on Doug DeMuro’s video and thought it was actually pretty cool.

The other day, I saw a standard trim version (i.e., the one 90% of people will actually buy) and my friend and I burst out laughing at how ridiculously stupid it looked in the flesh.

This is ignoring the fact that it only has a 5ft bed (which anybody who actually *uses* a truck will know is USELESS) because any longer than that would’ve compromised it for all those times you’re going to take it rock crawling with your friends.

Compromised vehicle. Buy an actual truck or an actual Jeep.

Seriously uncool.

I'm Unsure about this one, I know something like this would do well here and it stands out, but it looks a bit wack.

Uncool, or Cool...

Uncool it is I guess..

Back