GTP Cool Wall: 2019 McLaren Speedtail

2019 McLaren Speedtail

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The best looking McLaren there is (save maybe for the F1). Its super sleek, clean looks aren't really like any other super/hyper car out there now, reminds me of a modernized version of some early 90s offerings, namely the XJ220. I like how long and low it looks. And the stats and center-driver only add to it. SZ

Last edited:
I wanted to like this car much more, I really do. The news of a "true F1 successor" had me enthralled from the beginning. But something about the styling irks me, and I can't point my finger on what. The overall shape of the car looks... off. It has the bones to be a drop-dead beautiful supercar, but there's something missing. That being said, it does stand out from anything else in the McLaren range (and all other new hypercars for that matter) and I'd gladly take one of these over a Senna.

Uncool, but not seriously so.

Capture.PNG
It would be neat if the votes stay this divided the entire time the poll is open

This only revives the interior layout of the F1 and the premise of being the fastest, most powerful Mclaren ever made. Plus it lacks a lot of drama compared to a Koenigsegg Regera. It's just there.

Meh.

Beautiful car, engineering marvel, harks back to one of the automotive classics while still bringing new ideas to the table, and will probably go down as an automotive classic in its own right.

Uncool.

There is some serious tech in this car that elevates it from meh to cool such as the electrochromic glass and flexible carbon fibre panels.

So, cool.

I couldn't choose because I still don't know what makes a car cool or uncool. Even on Top Gear, when they did the Cool Wall, I was always like this >> :confused:
Not knowing what to choose, I chose cool because it seems the right thing to do. :P

It’s not out yet but it somehow looks outdated. Big mid-2000s GM concept energy.

At least the tech is pretty cool, I guess

This is quite an ugly car. Form follows function, but in this case I bet the huge paper bag you must put over the car when you take it out among people would harm its performance somewhat.

Uncool.

Back